Really Happy

"Somin!"

A small smile played on Somin's lips as she watched Tae-hyung jogging towards her in the hall. She put a hand on her hip and waited for him to get to her. He slowed, giving her a sheepish smile, and her smile widened.

"I heard from Na-eun," he said, bending down to catch his breath.

Her smile disappeared.

This wasn't good.

"Heard what?" she deadpanned.

He straightened then said, "That you're going on a date with Woo-jin."

Her gut tightened.

This really wasn't good.

"Does everyone in the company know about this?" she asked slowly.

Tae-hyung's brows drew together. "I guess?"

Somin closed her eyes tight hoping this was a bad dream.

Then she fought the urge to find Na-eun, her troublesome and meddlesome best friend, and tear her into pieces.

**********

"Over here, Somin."

Somin raised her eyes from her cell phone. Na-eun was waving at her from a table at a corner of the library. Pocketing the phone, she went to her.

Then she stopped dead when she saw who was at the table with her.

It was Woo-jin.

"Na-eun, didn't you say you needed my help on our assignment?" she said, gritting her teeth.

Na-eun gave her a mock innocent look. "Woo-jin here said he has the same class too this semester. He also needs your help. Woo-jin," Na-eun slid said look to an unsuspecting Woo-jin, "this is the very intelligent, very beautiful and very available best friend that I told you about."

Somin didn't lose even a little of her composure when Na-eun introduced her. But in her mind, she had already killed her best friend a thousand times and as soon as they were alone, she was going to make her wish she'd never been born.

"I didn't know she was your friend," Woo-jin said with a smile as he stood up. "We meet again, flower girl."

"The name is Somin," she said as coolly as she possibly could through her raging heartbeat. She accepted the handshake and God, she could almost feel the electricity crackling between them. "Are you a Finance major too?"

Woo-jin was slow to let her hand go, she noticed.

"Business Management, actually," he said as they both sat down, her next to her meddlesome best friend and him in front of her. "I heard from Na-eun that you're the lead in the university musical. Congratulations."

Somin pinched Na-eun's thigh under the table for being so sly and Na-eun slapped her hand away with a wince.

"Thank you," she murmured.

Putting his elbows on the table, Woo-jin leaned forward and said, "I hope you don't mind that I crashed your study group."

"I told you it's alright," Na-eun cut-in. Then she looked at Somin. "I overheard him telling his friend that he was having trouble with the class. So I invited. You don't mind, do you, Somin?"

Somin gave her a look that promised death.

Then she told Woo-jin, "You're more than welcome, Woo-jin."

Woo-jin gifted her with another smile that made her want to jump over the table and kiss him. Na-eun was giving her a smirk and she pinched her again.

Then, telling herself to be cool, she opened her book and began to teach them.

  **********  

"We had a bet," Somin explained to Tae-hyung. "That if he gets promoted, I'd have dinner with him. It doesn't really count as a date."

In actuality, what happened was Woo-jin asking her if she was ready to fall in love with him again and her telling him she'd think about it if he gets promoted.

Clearly, Woo-jin took those words to heart.

And clearly, she should never have challenged him.

"Is he paying?" Tae-hyung asked, folding his arms across his chest.

She pursed her lips. "I think so."

He grinned. "Then it counts as a date."

"It really is not. And it's not like the two of us haven't had dinner together before," she pointed out.

"But he's taking you to your favorite restaurant. And," his eyebrows wagged, "he gave you flowers."

She groaned out loud.

She was seriously killing Na-eun!

"I've got to go," Somin muttered grumpily. "I still need to finish my reports."

Tae-hyung patted her head. "I just want you to be happy, Somin."

"This isn't making me happy."

"Woo-jin is going to make you happy."

"No, he won't," Somin said firmly. "Not that way." Then she looked straight into Tae-hyung's eyes. "Just because you're in love doesn't mean I have to be, Tae-hyung."

And without a backward glance at him, she walked away.