Chapter 3

Felicia huffed , plopping down onto a bench in a near by park . She bent over , trying to catch her breath whilst she felt Dean take a seat next to her , trying to even out his breathing too .

The park was completely empty – no couples taking a late night stroll , no dogs coming out for a late night walk , nobody was there . It was dark and as much as Felicia wouldn’t admit it, she was scared . The dim streetlamps had done nothing to lighten her fear .

“ Please enlighten me why we ran ? “ Felicia said after she had caught her breath .

“ Our wrists were glowing , sure , we should let every one see how alien we are , “ Dean spat sarcastically .

“ We hardly know each other , “ Felicia pointed out after moments of silence .

She could hear Dean sigh lightly .

“ This happened to us , and you’re pointing out that we don’t know each other ? “ Dean spoke , giving Felicia a glare.

She looked away , avoiding his heated gaze before she leaned back against the wooden bench , eyeing the swollen spiral which had seemed to catch an infection .

“ It has never showed itself as anything more than a birth mark , “ Felicia muttered , refusing the urge to prod her swollen skin .

“ Obviously , “ Dean rolled his eyes .

Felicia snapped .

“ Can you stop being so rude ? “ She spat , standing up from the bench .

“ Heck , how am I rude ? “ Dean replied , his head snapping up to look at Felicia .

“ Well , maybe you could stop talking like a jerk ! “ Felicia exclaimed , her arms flailing around .

“ Maybe I won’t talk like a jerk if I’m not scared that I might be an alien ! “ Dean shouted , standing up from the bench to look down heatedly at Felicia .

Felicia faltered for a second when she heard Dean mention something about being an alien. She quickly recovered and crossed her arms as she daringly glared upwards at the dark haired boy in front of her .

“ Don’t you think I’m not scared ? You’re not the only one here who fears for the worst okay ! “ Felicia screamed , her arms dropping to her sides . Her fists were balled into a fist .

“ You could help the situation if you weren’t pointing out the obvious ! It irritates me a lot ! “ Dean shouted back , his jaw clenched .

“ How the hell am I supposed to know what irritated you ? I barely know you ! “ Felicia replied , giving a pointed glare , completely unaware that their argument was getting louder every second .

“ You’re being completely unreasonable ! “ Dean shouted , a frown took over his eyebrows as the veins on the sides of his forehead showed .

“ And you’re a fucking bastard ! “ Felicia screeched , slapping Dean on the chest because she was too short to slap his face .

“ I’m a bastard ? “ Dean replied incredulously , his arms raising up .

At the movement of his arms , the surrounding streetlamps went out .

“ I’m a bastard ? “ He repeated before a burst of energy shot out from his palm .

Felicia ducked , her hands covering her head .

The energy barely missed Felicia and hit a tree , causing the branches of the trees to crack and fall off .

Dean’s eyes widened with shock and a hint of fear .

“ What the fuck was that for ? “ Felicia straightened up , her arm pointing towards the direction where the burst of energy had gone . “ Were you trying to hit me ? “ She questioned , a fiery look in her eyes as she pointed to herself .

The streetlamps immediately bent into half , bowing at the two seventeen year olds whom were shouting at each other at the top of their lungs .

Felicia’s jaw dropped , her eyes inspecting what she had just done to the streetlamps .

“ We are so going to get arrested , “ She screeched , panicking slightly .

“ You made that happen , so you can just bend it back ! “ Dean shouted as if it was the easiest thing to do .

“ Then why don’t you fix up that tree over there ? “ Felicia rebuked angrily , before she tried moving her hands in a push motion . The street lamps rose up to their actual height but they were all slightly leaning to the right with awkwardness .

“ I would fix the tree if I could , “ Dean replied , dropping his voice .

“ This is crazy ,” Felicia mumbled .

“ It is , “ Dean nodded before letting out a heavy sigh .

“ I think it’s time you returned to the party , I don’t want any of the soccer guys bashing up my face just because they think that I abducted you or something , “ He chuckled .

“ You actually kind of did , “ Felicia felt the need to point that out .

Dean rolled his eyes but he didn’t say anything .

“ Just get going , I’ll be going home now , “ He spoke , turning away from Felicia to walk out of the park .

“ Hey wait ! “ Felicia called out , making Dean stop in his track .

“ Can I get your number ? “ She asked .

“ If you were interested , you could’ve just told me directly , “ Dean teased but gestured for Felicia to pass him her phone .

“ I am so not interested , “ Felicia poked her tongue out at Dean but passed him her phone .

She watched his as he saved his number on her phone before he had passed it back to her .

With a small wave , he turned and walked for one of the exits in the park .

Felicia walked in the opposite direction , heading for the one which was closer to where the mansion was .

“ Where have you been ? “ Terrence asked , worry filling his eyes as he advanced towards Felicia .

“ Parents were checking up on me , “ Felicia lied smoothly with a shrug .

The worry in Terrence’s eyes vanished as he grinned brightly , taking Felicia by the shoulder and leading her back to the backyard .

“ Let’s get the party started ! “ He hollered wildly , earning an equally wild cheer from the crowd in return .