Chapter Thirteen

Michael's POV

The boys and I decided to go look for Blue.

We decided to split up and look for her around town. I was partnered up with Luke.

I hope when all of this is over and Blue explains why she left then we can just eat a pizza or Blue and I can finally go our first date.

Luke and I were walking down a busy street in hopes of running into her, but we didn't. All of a sudden my phone started to ring. I checked my caller ID first. It was, surprisingly, Blue! I nudged Luke with my elbow and quickly showed him the caller ID. He looked surprised.

"Blue?" I asked holding my phone to my ear.

"Michael, it's me." She whispered, I could barely hear her.

"Where are you?"

"I'm in the alley where you found me on the first day but I'm not alone."

"Who is with you?" I asked.

No answer.

"What do you mean you aren't alone?"

The call ended. I quickly shoved my phone into my pocket.

"Luke we need to hurry." I said worried. He nodded and followed me as we ran down the busy sidewalks.

"Is she okay?" Luke asked.

"No." I reply."Something's wrong. She is in the alley but she isn't alone."

After I said this Luke looked a little scared and panicked. "It's going to be okay. We'll find her." I say reassuring not only him but me also.

We kept on running. I got out my phone and called Calum as we ran. I told him to meet us at that alley where he and I found her. In a good five minutes we were a little more than halfway there. We probably should've took a car but it's a little too late now.

I couldn't stop thinking about Blue and what she meant when she said she wasn't alone. Who is there with her? Is it a good or bad thing she isn't alone? Maybe she's sick or hurt. Maybe not. I hope she's not hurt.

"Luke, it's right up there." I whisper pointing at the alley next to mall. He nods as we jog up there, trying not to be loud.

I didn't really have a plan on what I would do if something bad was going on. As we got closer I saw two shadows against the brick walls. The shadow that seemed small and fragile belonged to Blue. What I could tell was she was leaning against the wall. The other person seemed tall but not too tall.

Then in front of us was Blue and one person I hoped I'd never meet. It was Drew.

Blue was on the ground with multiple bruises. Tears were in her eyes. He hurt her.

"Stop." Luke demands.

"What are you going to do if I don't?" He asks kicking Blue in the side.

"This." Luke replies punching Drew in the face.

I feel like I can't move. I'm too scared about what would happen if I did move. Drew and Luke began fighting. I stood there, frightened. Drew punched Luke and Luke fell to the ground. He was unconscious.

"Blue, run." I whisper to her. She shakes her head no. I say it again and she shakes her head no again as she cries.

"You ruined my life, Blue." Drew says pulling something out of his pocket. It was a gun. He aims it at Blue and get's ready to pull the trigger. At the last second I jump in front of Blue. "Stay behind me."I yell to Blue.

I hear Blue scream. I hear sirens. I hear voices. Loud voices. Some are shouting. Others are calm. My shoulder ached. I never felt anything like this before.

Everything was blurry. "Michael." I heard Ashton say. "Are you still there?" Calum asked. I couldn't reply. I opened my eyes just a little bit and turned my head to the right. I saw Luke and Blue getting carried onto an ambulance. Drew was in the back of a police car, getting taken away by police officers.

I looked up. It was all still blurry. It was like the part in the movie when everything is in slow motion. I was now someplace new. It was white. People were pushing me on a bed. I saw doctors. I must've just gotten to the hospital. Maybe I'm dead. Where am I? "Breathe." They told me.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe.

Everything went dark.