Chapter Fourteen

Blue's POV

I opened my eyes to see a doctor and Luke, Calum, and Ashton.

"Where am I?" I asked confused.

"You're hurt so you're in the hospital." He tells me.

"Where's Michael?" I ask, panicked.

"He's okay. He is in the room next door." The doctor reassures me.

"What happened to him?"

"He was shot in the shoulder but he'll live. If you were the one to get shot, you'd be dead."

"Oh. When can I leave?" I ask.

"Not for another week." The doctor looks at his clipboard.

"Now, I am supposed to ask you a few questions. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I'm fine. A bit sore. Other than that I think I'm okay." I answer.

"Do you remember what happened last night?"

"Yeah, I think I do."

"Do you remember these three?" He asks gesturing towards Luke, Cal, and Ash.

I nod.

"Great." He smiles before leaving the room.

"How is Michael?" I ask the boys.

"He hasn't woken up yet but he's okay." Luke says.

"This is all my fault." I mutter closing my eyes. "All because I wanted to see my mom again I ended up getting Michael and I put in the hospital."

"Your mom is right across the hall."

"Really? Is she okay?" I ask.

"Yeah."

****

Isn't the hospital life great? Just sitting in a bed as you watch the same tv shows for days in end. As people feel sorry for you day after day.

But I will make it out of here alive. So will Michael. He has to. I'm not leaving here without him. I will not live in a world without Michael.

****

It's been two days. Two long, boring days. Currently I am reading a magazine I have read five times now. I probably have it memorized by now.

I heard somebody walk in but I didn't look up right away. Not until I finished the last sentence in the article I was reading. Then I looked up to see Michael in a wheelchair. He smiled at me.

"Hey, it's not that bad." He says.

"What do you mean? Because of me you've been shot." I exclaim.

"Because of you I fell in love." He smiles and I can't help but smile.

"Okay." I say not knowing what else to say.

"What? I do love you."

"Love is a strong word. Truly, you don't mean it."

"Of course I do. I wouldn't want to be in love with any else but you. I wouldn't want to live in a world without you in it."

"Then I do too." I say.

"You do what?" He asked.

"I wouldn't want to live in a world without you either. I love you too, Michael."

"How about before this moment, Blue? Did you love me then?"

"I was just too afraid to admit it to anyone, including myself. I guess I was so afraid to fall in love but then I realized maybe falling isn't the worst thing in the world, breaking is."