Chapter 17

Warning may include light swearing

Cassidy's POV

"I'm back" I shout into the darkness. I'm greeted by a blood red throne room. I don't breath, I close my eyes and listen. There's no one here, he's down the hall. I turn to my left and slowly walk down the walkway, I'm as silent as possible. A spider jumps from the darkness to attach me , I slice it in half with my sward. My pulse quickens when I hear foot steps, I loose all courage I had and begin to shake. The metallic sent of blood drifts into my nose making me want to vomit, I keep breathing and try to steady my pulse. I open the door and walk in, it's completely dark except for the centre, I slowly enter the spotlight, I'm forced to squint because of the light. I hear more footsteps but I can't tell where from. I voice that resembles a metallic hissing comes from behind me.

"You hear it too. Don't you?" It shrieks. I stay silent and turn around to face the voice, but I hear it again to my left. The voice is circling me. "Answer me!" He commands. I want to scream but i show no emotion.

"The song." I state, not that there is anything else . He screams and throws a dagger at me, I quickly dodge making me fall to the ground.

"Song! Song! It's not a song! It's a taunt, a hissing of the world, everything screaming!" He shouts at me, I force myself to the ground spitting a little blood on the floor. I hear him laugh at the small amount of pain I'm in. 'Don't be scared, don't look frightened.' I tell myself I try to think of a clever comment to throw him off guard,

" screams, singing what's the difference? Oh by the way on the third line your off key." I smirk tutting. He growls at me.

"It's not my bloody song!" I feel him wrap his arm around my neck in a chock hold. I hold onto his arm, shrug my shoulders with my chin down, I put my left leg behind his and quickly turn. I feel him let go and fall to the ground. I see him for the first time in 14 years, the short brown hair, the ripped blue shirt and black cape. The white eyes.

Hannah's POV

"Herobrine." I finish. I drop the book to the ground, silence, no one dares to speak. Brianna runs out crying followed by Trica. I force words out of my mouth, "But he doesn't exist. does he?" I mumble. I don't want the answer, I doubt cassidy is wrong.

Cassidy's PoV

I need to plunge my sward into his chest but i find my muscles resisting. Why can't I kill him? My pulse quickens and I run into the hall way. I sprint around the castle trying to get away, I climb a staicase up to the next floor. I find myself running into a bedroom, I hide in the cupboard to catch my breath. I hear his laughing coming from who knows where, I stay frozen unable to move out of fear.

"There's no use hiding from me Cassidy, I know everthing about you. You cant beat me! I always win!" he taunts, i hear his footsteps get closer. I sense him close to me. My breathing stops, my eyes close an I picture all the rooms I've seen. i choose one just up the corridor. I picture the lamp in the room and comand it to turn on. "Got you, you little brat." he whispers. I open the door slightly to see he's no where to be seen. i creep out the room and make my way through his house as silently as possible. My feet finds their way to a dungeon, I see Nielsy and Panda trapped in a cell. I run over to them and try to pick the lock with shaking hands. they are both shouting at me but I cant hear them, the door opens and an alarm sounds.

"Shit Casidy run! He's coming!" They scream at me,

"No I'm not leaving you alone!" I say, they shake their heads forcing me through the dungon towards an exit.

"Cassidy he wants you, he wont even notice us! Just go." Panda promises. I hug them both before I start running again. Spiders, zombies and skelatons attack me as I run, I creat a bow and shoot an arrow into them as I run. My armor is becoming damaged but I don't have time to fix it. My feet skid as i come to a stop when I see a pool of lava and one block pillars, I look over my shoulder to see Herobrine behind me, he stamps on the ground causing it to fall apart. I close me eyes and jump, I land on a pillar and open my eyes. Jumping puzzle. I jump forward and to the left, I continue the jumping puzzle and get to the other side.