Chapter 20

Cassidy's PoV

I drift through a death like sleep. My body screens through the pain, dispute me being knocked out Daffid is still beating me. He wants me to use my 'gift', all this has ever brought me is pain. I suppose I've never been happy, not truly. Even in the Matrix I missed my mother yet I never dreamed this would happen. I need to stay positive, I've been in this type of situation before and every time I escaped.

My eyes finally open. My body must have given up on the hope that being unconscious would lessen the pain. I try to breath but I feel a lump of clogged blood in my throat, as the need for breath increases my breathing quickens. The air finally dislodges the blood causing me to cough up blood. My lungs fill with the relief known as air, I lie on he dark, blood stained carpet trying to fight back the vomit building up in my throat. My shivering hand reaches up to my neck so it can clutch onto my necklace. I begin to mumble the last song I ever heard, on earth that is.

"I've been living underground, locked in The silence until you came and took me up into a world full of violence." The song boosts the level of endorphins in my body, I have to stop due to lack of oxygen. The door to my room, no prison cell opens allowing light into the windowless room. I hear the footsteps slowly get closer, Daffid leans down next to me.

"Welcome back Magic girl." He greets pulling out a small pen knife. What he does next shakes me. He slits his own wrist!he clenches his fists in pain, yet I feel nothing, "what are you doing? Fix me!" He demands. I try to heal him, not because I want to but I want to see if I can. I place my hands on his wrist and dedicate my mind to this one cause. Nothing happens to him but just trying to use my powers sends stabbing pains up my arms. Daffid just slaps me in the face. "you little brat! Freaking help me!" Tears that feel like acid pour down my face. Finally a small burning pain comes from the palm of my left hand.

"Please, let me stop! It's burning!" I plead. Daffid pulls away. I can see a thought crossing his mind. He looks down to his wrist, it's scabies over but still slightly bleeding.

"Well done. It looks like we're going to have to 'encourage' your gift to return. It's still there you just need training." He explains. I fall back to the ground, Daffid kicks my stomach before heading for the door. Just as he leaved he throws a bottle of water at me. The door slams shut, sending shock waves through my bones. I try to open the bottle but my hands refuse, with great difficulty I manage to open the bottle with my feet, the least effected area of my body. I allow myself to drink about one eighth of the water, this may have to last me all week.

Martyn's PoV

The second I wake up I call Kaeyi, she takes awhile to pick up which worries me but relief floods my body when I hear her voice. I want to go see Cassidy but I need to be with Kaeyi; we both have a lot of things to sort out. I have no doubt that the yougnaughts and dreamlings are curious as to were we've all been, especially after my recent worries of cancer. I slip a note to Lewis under his door before leaving the hotel 'went home. Kaeyi needs me. Good luck with Cassidy!'

I travel back to Bristol by train. I dedicate my time to reading a book called 'How to Support them Through Pregnancy.' I want to make this as easy for Kaeyi as possible. I manage to get wifi on my phone so I check the inthelittle dream comment section. I'm not surprised when I see hundreds of comments asking if we are ok. I start to create a small plan to distract the inthelittledreamboats . I pull out my hand held camera and hit record.

"So, you may have noticed that there is a lack of videos lately, I told Kaeyi that I'm on a business trip. What she doesn't know is that I've been looking for engagement rings!" I lie, they don't know we're already engaged. I may as well propose the way I was going to."I'm taking over inthelittledream for a while so she won't find out. So no big deal! " I pretend to worry about it, but I know what she's going to say, she's already said it! I turn the camera off and put it away.