Chapter 45

Sam's POV
After the wedding Matt and I sat in the car on our way to the airport. I was so shocked that Janhvi left. I knew she was nervous about the wedding but I never thought she would actually leave Hayes at the alter. "Babe, don't think too much." Matt said as he held my hand. How could I not think too much? "I don't even know where my best friend is and I don't know if she's okay I don't know why she left Hayes I feel like such a shitty friend." I said. "Sam, you've been a great friend. You need some time off and you need to relax it's not healthy for the baby and for your mental well being. You are an amazing friend and she will be fine but right now I wang you to think of yourself and relax a little bit." Matt said.
I smiled at Matt and soon we reached the airport. We went through security and everything and I had changed into a cute romper but I packed sweatpants in the carry on in case I got cold. "Alright babe, now we just have to wait." Matt said as we found our boarding waiting area. "Alright I'm going to use the bathroom." I walked into the He bathroom and took a couple of selfies, then I turned to the mirror and took a couple more. I went into the stall and used the bathroom. I walked out and noticed blood on my inner leg. I went back into the stall and my heart was pounding. I got my period. Tears flew down my eyes hitting my cheeks and I felt so sad. I sobbed in the stall and I could tell my mascara was now running. I was having trouble breathing because of much I was crying and i couldn't take this pain anymore I wanted this child so bad it was another piece to my future family. My phone vibrated and I quickly checked it. Matt- Are you okay? You've been in the bathroom for a while. I had no idea how to respond. I walked out of the stall and thankfully nobody was in here and I cleaned up my face. I walked out and sat next to Matt. "Hey sorry, long line inside" I responded to him. "It's all good babe."
Matt's POV
      We boarded the plane about an hour later and got our carry-on packed up. We sat down in first class and I quickly went to the bathroom. I asked Sam before to get me a champagne glass and then I came out and returned back to our seats. I saw Sam take a sip of alcohol and I quickly grabbed the drink from her. "Are you crazy? What the hell sam" I said. It looks like she had only taken a sip and it looks like a secretive sip, if she needed to get frustration out I wish she talked to me. She quickly put the glass down. "Matt, um, I'm I-" I was shocked, "Sam what the hell are you doing?" I said again. "I'm I'm not pregnant." She said as her voice cracked. "Baby, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you..." I was saying. She sat back in her seat and I held her hand but she quickly pulled away. Fuck I ruined everything. She placed the blanket on top of herself and I pulled it off her a little. "Sam I need you to talk to me. I know you're upset but you can't be closed off you can't." I said trying to hold her hand. "Matt I don't know what you want me to do." She said. "I lost our kid. I made you upset and I disappointed you. I am a bad friend and everything is going wrong on this honeymoon where I'm supposed to be happy." She said. "Sam, I know you won't believe me but listen, you are a great wife. Ups and downs will happen and this is a huge thing that happened and you will never ever disappoint me. This honeymoon is going to be amazing, I promise we will get over this babe but we need to let go of the past." I said as I wiped her tears. "I just feel so empty." She said. The seat was big enough to let her cuddle with me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       We ate lunch and then I felt her hand on top of mine. She smiled and I smiled back. "Matt I was thinking of doing something really crazy." She said. At this point I wasn't sure if it was the drinks or her trying to get over what happened. "Like what babe?" I said back. She sat on top of me and made out with me for a while. I could feel her hand on my pants palming me and then she whispered "the bathroom." She went first and I went after a couple minutes so it wouldn't look sketchy.
       "We need to be really quiet and quick." I said as she unbuckled my pants. "Don't worry about it babe." She said as she took my member out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hayes' POV
       I was home and with Chloe and Caleb. We were watching Frozen for about the 50th time. It was 10pm and past their bedtime, they were already pretty much asleep on the couch so I moved them to their bedroom. I cleaned up the living room and washed the dishes. I walked into my bedroom and I could smell her. The scent of her never left our house. I sat on the bed and then laid down feeling like complete shit. Where did I go wrong? I thought I had fixed everything and then all of a sudden I'm humiliated in front of my entire family and friends. The kids are already 6 and starting kindergarten soon and they'll catch on and notice we aren't like other moms and dads, we aren't married.
       I walked into the bathroom and looked at her perfumes. I walked into the closet and looked at all of her clothes and organized and how she has a great sense of style. Where could she be? I went back to my bed and it felt lonely sleeping without her. Every time my phone rang I always hoped it was her but it wasn't. I switched off the t.v and then laid in bed wide awake.