Chapter 31: Meeting the in laws

Jayden's POV

'What? Dinner with the in-laws? Already? Alex, that's not a nice surprise. It's actually what not to look forward to when dating a guy.

'I'm not even dressed or mentally prepared,' not liking that he sprung this on me at the last minute.

'But babe, they've been wanting to have dinner with you to thank you for fixing our washer,' trying to convince me. Not working. Now I'm internally stressing out.

'They could just buy me a burger or bake me cookies.' I really don't want to meet his parents one on one. They're very nice since we've met before but they're HIS parents.

They probably were expecting for him to find someone who's as smart and handsome as he is and rich. Instead, he got me, none of the above, the omega of the pack, 0/3.

He said not to worry, that his parents are already impressed with me anyway so there's no need to fear that they'll be disappointed in me.

Hah! Easy for him to say. My parents thinks he's the perfect boyfriend and I was told to thank my lucky stars that he likes me back.

He took me home first so I could at least look decent. I took a shower and went to my closet. Anything made out of cotton and jean material I tossed aside.

I tried to look for anything that would make me look like a girl and I was sorely disappointed.

My clothes are mainly for comfort wear and not to impress. I curse him for putting me on a spot and not giving me enough time to drag my BFF to the mall.

I found a fairly decent looking black blouse and slacks. Probably left over from a show that we went to see a long time ago.

When I finished getting ready, I came downstairs and of course, Mark was there with Michael.

'Who died?' Mark asking in between biting a piece of bread. I just glared at him. He can be so clueless sometimes.

I don't know how he's passing. Probably cheating off of Alex. Michael, the brother that I really wanted just came over and told me I look nice. I gave him a hug and then someone grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

'Okay, lets go. See you,' Alex said to the guys while pulling me out the door before I could even say goodbye to Michael.

'Where's the fire?' I jokingly asked him.

'I would have gotten a fire extinguisher had you and Michael kept up with the hugging.' Tightening his hold on my wrist.

'Alex, please don't be like that. Michael is like a brother to me. I'd gladly give away Mark anytime if I could keep Michael,' trying to make light of his jealousy with Michael.

'Sorry, It's automatic response. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I can't help it with him. He's just so touchy feely with you,' apologizing.

'You've obviously forgotten that he has a boyfriend and he likes men.' Trying to make him feel better.

'You're right. Fine. I'll stop,' starting the car. I took the opportunity to look at him and he still looks upset.

I took his hand, laid it on my left cheek and gave him a puppy face. When he saw me, he busted out laughing. Yes, it worked.

We drove to his house just having small talks and the car engine was slowly lolling me to sleep.

I must have dozed off because next thing I knew, I felt something brushed my lips. When I opened my eyes, he was next to my seat and his face really close.