Chapter 16

As what I expect when we entered the Gryffindor common room it exploded with cheers and yells. There were mountains of cakes and flagons of pumpkin juice and butterbeer on every surface; Lee Jordan had let off some Filibuster's Fireworks, so that the air was thick with stars and sparks. 

I helped my self to the food, since I hadn't been eating properly. I literally eat anything in sight, witch wasn't use well for me. 

Blimey, this is heavy," said Lee Jordan, picking up the golden egg, which been had left on a table, and weighing it in his hands. "Open it, Hope, go on! Let's just see what's inside it!"

"I think because it's Harry task next he should open it." I stated. 

"All right then."   

"Yeah, go on, Harry, open it!" several people cheered.

Harry dug his fingernails into the groove that ran all the way around it and prised it open.

What came next was unbearable. It was like finger nails on chalk. A loud and screechy wailing, filled the room. 

"Shut it" 

 "I thought it sounded a bit like Percy singing...maybe you've got to attack him while he's in the shower."  

I sniggered at George's comment. 

It was nearly one in the morning when I finally went up to the dormitory.

**

The fresh December breeze wized round Hogwarts. The weather was starting to get more cold and bitter. 

"Potters! Weasley! Will you three pay attention?"

I snapped my head up, I was too busy day dreaming to even bother listening. 

"Now that the Potters and Weasley have been kind enough to act their age," said Professor McGonagall, with an angry look at us. "The Yule Ball is approaching - a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above - although you may invite a younger student if you wish -"

I groaned and started to sink into my set. McGonagall glared at me. "And behavior like that Miss Potter will not be approved." 

"I won't be going anyway." I mumbled, and she  heard it all right. 

"Oh yes, you will be attending" said Professor McGonagall irritably. "That's what I'm telling you. Traditionally, the champions and their partners open the ball."

I sinked even lower into my chair. Harry let a snigger exscape his mouth.

"And that is for you as well Mr Potter." 

"I think I'd rather fight a dragon again." 

The next day all of the girls were getting on my nerves. They where giggling and whispering about who they want to go to the ball with. 

I was walking down a corridor when a third year boy came up to me asking me if i wanted to go to the ball with him. I said no. He walked off gloomily. 

Then Cedric walked by, I smiled at him. 

"Hello" I greeted. 

"Hi." He said quiet nervously." Has anyone asked you to the ball yet." He said while going a bit pink on the cheeks. 

"I've had people ask me, but I've all rejected them." I replied, kida knowing where this was going. 

"W-we'll, I can't really think of  anyone who I'd like go with. So I was wondering if you wanted to, you know go with each other."