Chapter 21

Hopes p.o.v 

It was now the beginning of march, with its cold wipping wind. 

We entered the glommly position room.

"There they are, there they are!" Panct giggled, as she walked in. She was holding a magazine in her hands , Witch Weekly. The moving picture on the front showed a curly-haired witch who was smiling toothily and pointing at a large sponge cake with her wand.

 "You might find something to interest you in there, Granger!" Pansy said loudly, and she threw the magazine at Hermione, who caught it, looking startled. At that moment, the dungeon door opened, and Snape beckoned them all inside.

We sat at the back of the room, like usual. Gathered around the magazine. 

Harry Potter's Secret Heartache A boy like no other, perhaps - yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss.Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last World Quidditch Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to visit him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays, and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl."            Yet no much can be said about Hope, who went to the Yule ball with Cedric another one of the Champions, however nothing has happened since then.           But for Hermione shes got too much choice out of the two famous boy, sue can't pick. So she's hoping one to another, like a unused toy. 

"I told you!" Ron hissed at Hermione as she stared down at the article. "I told you not to annoy Rita Skeeter! She's made you out to be some sort of- of scarlet woman!"

"If that's the best Rita can do, she's losing her touch," said Hermione, still giggling, as she threw Witch Weekly onto the empty chair beside her. "What a pile of old rubbish."

"The one thing I want to know is how she knows all of this." I asked. 

"Shes not making it up either." Said Hermione. 

"So Krum did asked you to stay over at his in the holidays" Ron asked with a clenched fist. 

"Fascinating though your social life undoubtedly is. Miss Granger," said an icy voice right behind us. "I must ask you not to discuss it in my class. Ten points from Gryffindor. Ah...reading magazines under the table as well?" Snape added, snatching up the copy of Witch Weekly. "A further ten points from Gryffindor...oh but of course..." Snape's black eyes glittered as they fell on Rita Skeeter's article. "The Potters haft to keep up with there press cuttings...."

I clenched my jaw.

"'Harry Potter's Secret Heartache...dear, dear. Potter, what's ailing you now? 'A boy like no other, perhaps...'" He began to read out loud. "'...Harry Potter's well-wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart upon a worthier candidate.' How very touching," sneered Snape, rolling up the magazine to continued gales of laughter from the Slytherins. "Well, I think I had better separate the three of you, so you can keep your minds on your potions rather than on your tangled love lives. Weasley, you stay here. Miss Granger, over there, beside Miss Parkinson. Potters  the table in front of my desk. Move. Now."

I lazily grab my stuff and moved nexted to Harry in front of Snapes desk.  

"All this press attention seems to have inflated your already over-large head. Potters," said Snape quietly, once the rest of the class had settled down again.

My grip around my postion ingredient tighted, my eyebrows noted. 

"You two might be laboring under the delusion that the entire wizarding world is impressed with you," Snape went on, so quietly that no one else could hear him, "but I don't care how many times your picture appears in the papers. To me. Potters ,you are nothing but a nasty little children who considers rules to be beneath them" 

I started to try and fouse on my postion, trying to balnk out Snapes voice.  

"So I give you fair warning, Potters," Snape continued in a sorter and more dangerous voice, "pint-sized celebrity or not - if I catch you two breaking into my office one more time -"

"We don't know what your talking about." I snapping. 

"Don't lie to me," Snape hissed, his fathomless black eyes boring into are eyes . "Boomslang skin. Gillyweed. Both come from my private stores, and I know who stole them."

"They could of been anyone, there's hundreds of people here" I muttered. 

"You two were out of bed on the night my office was broken into!" Snape hissed. "I know it. Potters! Now, Mad-Eye Moody might have joined your fan club, but I will not tolerate your behavior! One more nighttime stroll into my office, Potters,and you will pay!"

Sure we did steal the Boomslang skin, but definitely not the gillyweed, we had too take it. That was important, but that was 2 years ago.  

"Do you know what this is. Potters?" Snape said, his eyes glittering dangerously again.

"No"'

"It is Veritaserum , also known as a Truth Potion . It's so powerful that three drops would have you spilling your innermost secrets for this entire class to hear," said Snape viciously. "Now, the use of this potion is controlled by very strict Ministry guidelines. But unless you watch your step, you might just find that my hand slips" - he shook the crystal bottle slightly - "right over your evening pumpkin juice. And then. Potters...then we'll find out whether you two have been in my office or not."

Non of us said anything. Trying to to carry on with the  potion. 

We both left the room gloomy, Harry worser off than me. 

As I was walking down a corridor, Cedric walked past. 

"Er... Hope." He muttered, while getting dusky pink in the face.

"Yeah." 

"Did you happen to read the witch weakly, today." He asked nervesly. 

"Yeah" 

"Well, I I kida realised. Since the Yule ball, nothing has really happened... And it's kida because I've been to shy. To you know asked." He started to stutter on his words." Well, I was wondering weather you wanted, to you know. Actually do something with are relationship." 

I smiled." Yeah, I would really like  that . A lot." 

"Great, excellent! Would you like to walk around the Hogwarts grounds, you know..." 

I smiled."I'd thought you never ask. "