4. By Your Side

"Gwaenchanah? Jihye? It's me" her eyes squint shut when the sudden hand gripped her wrist. Not opening her eyes until she heard a familiar voice.

"Jimin?" her eyes slowly opens, her voice slightly shaking, tiny tears shining under the dim alley lights.

"Mianhae, did I scare you?" He said in a worried tone, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Yah! You scared the crap out of me!" she yelled trying to stable herself as tears threaten to fall down her pink cheeks.

" Aish...Jinjja, I'm really sorry" he said walking towards Jihye giving her a warm sincere hug. Jihye happily accepted it as the warmth and care calmed her down.

They stayed in that position for a good minutes before she pulled away sniffling.

" Why are you here?" Jihye asked as she looks up at him. Looking still as handsome as ever under the dim lights.

"I...I didn't felt safe letting you walk home alone and considering you rejected my intention to bring you home..." he hesitantly said every word "So I thought maybe...I will just walk behind you and watch you from afar" he continued.

How sweet..

Jihye sighed, feeling relax that it wasn't some stranger following her. "Gomawo," she said.

"You're not mad at me?" he questioned surprisingly.

"Why would I?" She chuckled in reply still slightly sniffling.

"Kaja, I'll bring you home," Jimin said. his hand still on her wrist. Slightly tugging her to begin walking.

A smile planted on her face at the interaction. They walked home peacefully as the moonlight guide their way.

---------

Without realizing they have already reached Jihye's front door.

Time sure does fly pass when I'm with him. She thought

"Ah we're here already," Jimin said feeling slightly disappointed

"That was quick" she nodded her eyes still looking down at her wrist that Jimin still holding.

"Let's meet u-" Jimin was about to say before a loud voice interrupted them

"Yah Lee Jihye!" Taehyung shouted swinging open the door.

His eyes widen when he saw the interlink of Jihye's hand and the other man. A smirk slowly formed on his face as something mischievous came up in his mind while walking towards Jihye.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" Jihye asked

Taehyung threw his arm around Jihye's shoulder and cooed "I can't worry about you?" leaning his forehead on her head.

"Yah why are you being like this." She asked.

"Nothinggg~~," Taehyung said while being coy.

Jimin, on the other hand, shot glares at Taehyung. Anger buffering inside of him as he saw them being so close.

"Ah Jimin this is my childhoo-" Jihye was about to explain the situation before Taehyung jumped in mid-sentence

"Boyfriend, I'm Jihye's boyfriend" he finished. Jihye quickly turned to face Taehyung a big smack on the arm before he runs away laughing like a preschooler.

Jimin stood there in silence as the word boyfriend came out of the other guy's mouth. How come his chest suddenly felt a sharp pain just from that? His attention went towards Jihye wanting her to explain everything and tell him that it's not true.

"Ignore him, he's my childhood friend" Jihye chuckled

Jimin relieved a sigh "Good" feeling much better after what Jihye said.

"Hm?" Jihye hummed, didn't hear what Jimin said so softly under his breath.

Jimin looked up at her and shook his head rapidly. "I should get going now," he said waving her goodbye.

"Gomawo again for bringing me home" Jihye gave him a sweet smile and bid goodbye and went into her house. Expression changing from sweet to bitter when as soon as she passed through the door frame.

"Kim Taehyung you are so dead," Jihye said loud and clear as she took off her shoe. Eomma and Appa went on a vacation to Hawaii, so they won't be back anytime soon. Kim Taehyung was able to keep her company when she's at home even though they live right next to each other. Taehyung knows the passcode to Jihye's house, so he would magically appear from time to time.

"YAH KIM TAEHYUNG!" Jihye shouted as she walked to the living, finding a lazy boy eating chips as he laid on the couch watching his cartoon show.

Jihye walked up and plopped herself next to him as she snatched the chip away from his "Yah I gave you the passcode, not for you to come here and make a mess" "And what was that for earlier?! About the boyfriend thing" Jihye threw all the words at him without letting him answer.

"I was just checking if he had any interest in you" Taehyung replied sticking his hand into the bag of chips that is in Jihye's hand

"I don't need you to check beside we aren't even dating," Jihye said as she munches on some chips.

"Well, he is clearly into you, don't you see the daggers he sent me?" Taehyung chuckled

Jihye felt like something was stuck in her throat, she gulped hearing what Taehyung just said.

"You think so?" Jihye asked.

Taehyung just nodded not sparing a glance at her. After a few minutes, Taehyung suddenly asked a question making Jihye almost choke on her own saliva.

"You like him?" Taehyung asked, switching his position, now sitting up properly.

"W-what?" Jihye manages to stammer out. That question seriously caught her off guard. Her stomach felt like it was going to flip inside out when she heard what Taehyung said.

"I mean surely you have some feelings right? He is quite good looking" Taehyung added.

Jihye gulped, her brains trying to plop down words to form a sentence so she could reply but she couldn't. Her mind was filled with Jimin, his smile, his eyes, his scent.

Gaining no response from Jihye it was already an answer, "Hah! You do like him!" Taehyung said proudly as if he accomplished something so big that needs a celebration.

"A-ani!" Jihye exclaimed trying to not sound so nervous. How could she not though? Sure she knows that Jimin is handsome with that killer jawline and sweet mochi smile. But is it love? Does she want to continue this relationship into something more meaningful and deeper?

"Stop lying, you're stuttering like a cat caught your tongue, besides" he added "Your face shows it all" He smirked

Jihye's face flushes red, she threw the chips as Taehyung and immediately went into her room down the hall. She slammed the door hearing loud muffled laughter coming from the living room.

"Aish" She said as she plunged towards her queen size bed.

Am I actually falling for him?

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter :(

November 20, 2017

BTS just performed DNA at AMA yesterday! So happy for them to make it this far. Support them by voting on the MAMA's, Army!!!!! GO GO GO.