The Miracle Job ~ pt 2

*Disclaimer, I do not own Leverage all of that belongs to TNT, I however own Blair and her little story line

Season 1, Episode 6 ~ Pt. 2
-----------------------------------------------

The team where all in leverage HQ doing their own thing when Sophie came rushing back in. she had had her meeting with Grant and clearly their stunt the day before had gone well as he had hired her as his publicist, however because of that he had shown her his plans, plans she had taken and was now throwing onto their conference room table. Blair pulled one of the pictures to her as Parker spoke up, "He's building another mall on the site of the church."

"It's not even a mall." Sophie said with an annoyed groan, "it's a bloody 'lifestyle' centre. Eat, work, shop, play, all in one place."

"I don't like this guy." Elliot commented, just as Blair growled.

"I hate him." she knew she was being overly emotional but she didn't care. Honestly compared to the rest of the team when they were in 'con mode' she always looked overly emotional as they had all learned to keep their emotions at bay when on the job as they had been professionals for years now, but Blair was still young and new to the job, and she didn't see why she should do that anyway. Her emotions where her key asset to the team, she knew that and they knew that.

After sending Blair a confused look Hardison asked, "He doesn't want the closing of the church connected to him?" when Sophie nodded he let out a sigh, "I'll bet he's got the city council in his pocket and got the land for a song. Once this deal closes, he's free and clear. By the time they break ground on this mall, he'll be untouchable."

That didn't sound reassuring to Blair, and it seemed it didn't to Sophie either as she muttered, "Forget St. Nick. We'd be better off with the Patron saint of lost causes."

"No, no, no." Nate spoke looking towards Sophie, "He trusts you. You can hook him."

"Yeah, I know I can, Nate, but there's no time. I mean, we need a long con for this job, right? In three days, he owns that church."

"So we hit him hard now, indirectly" Blair spoke up, causing everyone to look her way, "stall the deal closing, buy us enough time to play the long game."

"You really think he's gonna fall for that?" Elliot asked the girl next to him, "this guy?" Blair nodded her head causing the cowboy to sigh, "I got to be honest with you. We're gonna need a miracle to save this church."

"So let's go steal ourselves a miracle" Nate told the team seriously with a nod of his head.

Blair was sat alone in the offices texting Robert. Her father claimed he needed an hour to think over a plan, so when the team came back in (coffee in hand) she wasn't surprised to see them ready to work.

"When a church defines a miracle as the work of god, usually through the prayers and intercessions of a saint, for some specific purpose, frequently the conversation of the unbelieving." Blair heard her dad mutter causing her to roll her eyes.

"How do you know all this stuff?" Elliot asked Nate as the two settled back down in the main office. Elliot handing Sophie a tea and Blair the large coffee which the girl happily took from her friend with a grin.

"Dad went to school with Uncle Paul." Blair answered Elliot's question causing the team to look at him in surprise.

"So you dropped out of priest school to become a-an insurance cop?" Elliot asked causing Nate to shoot his daughter an annoyed glance, "and now you're the leader of a band of thieves. Nice." This last comment caused a giggle from Blair causing Elliot to smile her way and wink at her.