12

I still feel guilty about earlier. It was wrong and everyone knows it. Even Jeremy knows it. I know he does, he just refuses to admit it or even mention it. In fact, he hasn't mentioned anything. He's not talking to me. Did we ruin our friendship? Can we even call it that?

"Jeremy?" I start. Maybe I can get him to talk.

He lets out a hum. I sit on the arm of the chair. "Can we talk about earlier? Please? I just want to address some things."

"What's there to address?" he replies with his eyes glued to his phone. I lean a bit to see who he's texting. What can I say? I'm nosy. It's Christine. Of course. I can't really blame me.

"Just come into the room. I have some questions."

The tall boy gets up and follows me to the room and I close the door. We sit on the bed, me looking at my hands in my lap, Jeremy staring at me.

"You have Christine," I blurt out.

"I know," he answers solemnly.

"We shouldn't have done this," I mumble. Why did I think it was a good idea? Why didn't I just stop and tell him I don't want to ruin his relationship with Christine? Why didn't I say no? "I broke your loyalty to Christine."

"I put the idea out there. I couldn't control myself."

It's silent. Thoughts tumble through my head. God I'm so stupid! Why did I do this? But god, he just looked so damn cute. His face all flushed, eyes lidded. I can still here his heavy breaths. Before I know what I'm doing, I lean in and kiss him. For a moment, I forget everything. Christine isn't an issue.

Then I get pushed away. Jeremy looks at me angrily. "I have Christine. You said it yourself, we shouldn't have done it."

I look down. "Yeah. Sorry Jere."

The Next Morning

"Get up Michael! We're gonna be late!"

I let out a groan before sitting up in the bed. "That was my intent but whatever." I shove my glasses on my face so I can actually see only to see Jeremy stuffing books in his bags. "Did you actually do your homework for once?"

Jeremy looks up. "No I bought answers from some kid in advanced classes, of course I did my homework this time! Teachers were starting to get suspicious."

I roll my eyes, grab my clothes, and run to the bathroom to get changed. I run out to grab my bag and walk to the door, ready to take my walk to school. That is, until I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Jeremy asks.

"I was going to walk to school."

"I have a car, remember? I'll drive you."

I look back at him before nodding. We both walk out, Jeremy sitting in the driver's seat and me in the passenger. The car ride is silent, but the comfortable silent. I look out the window. I didn't even realize it was raining. Wow. An idea pops in my head and I adjust myself so my head is leaning against the window. I stare longingly out the window while trailing my finger down the window. Jeremy chuckles beside me. "You dork."

I smile. Then school comes into view. Needless to say, the smile drops instantly.

Welcome to hell
Population: Everyone who has the misfortune to be alive and under the age of 19

A/n

Okay so this one is a little shorter than I would've liked but I like how it went. Also...HOLY SHIT! THIS THING HAS 1,000 READS AND 100 VOTES! THANKS BROSKIS. THIS IS AWESOME!