02

Jungkook Pov:

"Should I ask him to join us for lunch?"
Jimin looked at me like I was another person in another reality at another time.

"What?"

   "Since when does the Jeon Jungkook encourage social activity? like, ever?" Jimin replied giggling.

   I was slightly offended by his comment, but I brushed it off knowing he was just joking.

    "Since now." I got up and began to walk towards the new kid with confidence in my steps and a skeptical boy behind me. Anxiety rushed over me and I turned back to Jimin.

Fuck. I was so close.

Jimin was laughing really hard now, "I knew you weren't going to do it!"

"Screw you."

"You wi—." Luckily Jimin was cut off by the second bell before he could finish his sentence.

Going to parties, getting high and drunk is my friend groups go to activity. I don't drink, nor smoke, but of course, they always drag me into it, especially when I don't want to. It was around 6pm, Jimin and Grace were supposed to pick me up, so I quickly got ready to go to the "biggest party of the year" according to Hoseok. The person hosting the party was Jackson, and I was not in the mood to see him. My outfit was simple. It consisted of black skinny jeans that weren't so skinny because they are Jimin's and I'm about two sizes smaller than he is, a white tee shirt, a black jacket, and some Tims to top it all off. I was about to change my mind about going, but Jimin had texted me he was outside already and it's not like I was getting out of this one.

I stepped out of my room, surprised my Dad was home, but my mom wasn't. I didn't question it though.

"Where do you think you're going?"

     I ignored my father, and went outside to see Jimin driving and Grace in the passenger seat. Of course I'm sitting in the back. Various Kpop songs blared through the speakers, increasing my already forming headache. I really did not want to go.

   "Why such a debby downer?" Grace asked me as I put in my earbuds making her repeat her question. I didn't answer and Jimin nudged her giving the leave-him-alone-he-hates-everyone look.

     As usual immediately when we showed up Jimin snatched Graces hand, grabbed some drinks, a blunt or two, and found an open room to do whatever they please to, but that's none of my business. From across the room I spotted Yoongi, Hoseok, and Namjoon with red cups in their hands and Jin holding his car keys without a cup because he was the designated driver. I walked over to them ignoring the fact that Yoongi and Hoseok were flirting, like always, but it was worse when they are drunk.

"Get a room already, damn." Namjoon blurted out, saying the last part under his breath, and causing me to giggle a bit. He turned his head after hearing me stuck out his arm to offering me a drink, "Ah look, the golden maknae decided to show."

"Joon, you know I don't drink."

Hoseok rolled his eyes listening to my comment, because well, he's never sober. He then proceeded to talk to Yoongi. I decided talking to Jin would probably be the best bet at the moment since he was the only one not drunk, or making out with someone. In the middle of our pointless, meaningless conversation, he pointed out someone just now arriving to me. It was Taehyung.

"Hey isn't that dude new? I didn't think he'd party so soon. Go make friends or something hun." Jin pushed me forward. I try to argue but you can't argue with Jin, ever. So I was forced to walk over to Taehyung once again, and just like this morning, I chickened out. I don't know why he makes me so nervous. Nobody ever makes me this anxious. I looked back at Jin after I changed directions to see a very disappointed face. Not wanting to disappoint the mom of the group I turned back around and headed towards Taehyung.

Taehyung looked up from his phone the second I got close and smiled. Oh my god he needs to smile more.

    "H-Hi"

Stop stuttering, stop stuttering.

"Hello! I'm Kim Taehyung." His smile doubled and his voice is so deep. My knees suddenly felt weak.

"Jungkook." I looked at my feet.

"Awe, you're like a shy puppy. You're in my math class this year yeah?" questioned Taehyung.

I felt my face heat up.

Stop blushing, stop blushing.

"Yeah you're the new kid?" I finally spit out.

"Yes sir. Want to get something to drink?" The older boy asked, tilting his head a bit causing his hair to fall out of place a bit.

"I actually uh-." And once again, I was cut off and dragged somewhere, but this time, I actually wanted to be with the person dragging me away. How does someone act so confident when they are so new and so unknown with everyone around them? It puzzles me, yet I'm intrigued to find out how interesting Kim Taehyung really is. So I let him drag me into drinking and smoking, and honestly having one of the best nights of my life.

Two hours later, we were sat in the front yard on the steps of Jackson's huge ass house, laughing and enjoying each others company. I never thought I'd open up so much to anyone this quickly, but I oddly trusted Taehyung.

"Kook, are you gay?" Taehyungs question caught me off guard.

Kook?

"Excuse me?" I didn't know what to say. Was he going to hate me? Was he gay too?"

"Actually never mind, sorry." 

"No, Tae, y-yeah I'm gay." Coming out to anyone that wasn't Jimin made my stomach churn. I started crying. I don't know why, but I broke down.

"Jungkook stop crying please, it's okay. Shhh" Taehyung pulled me into a hug. We let go shortly after, but only slightly so our faces were only inches apart. The boy wiped my last tear off my face with his thumb and we both started getting closer. The tension was unbearable, but as soon as we got any closer his phone went off. The tension broke, and he checked his phone pulling away from our, what ever that was.

    "I-I have to go. I'm sorry." And with that, he took off, running into the darkness and completely disappearing from my vision. I stood there, confused, but not regretting coming to this party.

"Hey Jungkook, ready to go?" Jimin said popping out of complete no where. He was without Grace, which was weird because when is he not with Grace?

"Yeah uh, where's Grace?"

"I'll talk to you about it later, why do you look like a fucking tomato? Someone's been blushing." Jimin replied with a smirk.

"Wait till I tell you." I said as I shut the car door in complete and utter bewilderment.

——-
oh my god i re wrote this so many times. also there's a reason all this is in past tense ;)

 also there's a reason all this is in past tense ;)

- jet