Even Best Kept Secrets

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

-

May 16th, 2017 - 10:59pm - MGM Grand Hotel - Paradise - Las Vegas, Nevada

Normani flopped down on her bed to finally relax. The performance was over, dinner was had and her shower lasted longer than five minutes. She was in an all around good mood.

The girls had the rest of tonight to explore and then it was back on the bus early the next morning. Normani had decided to forgo a wild night in Vegas on the account that she wasn't officially 21 yet even though her birthday was right around the corner. In fact, she had just finished explaining this to her roommate Lauren.

"There's no point. Everything here is 21 and up. I'd rather just stay here, eat, catch up on PLL, and go to bed early."

She didn't look up from her phone as she said this, but she could still picture Lauren looming over the foot of her bed with her arms crossed.

Lauren pushed her jet black mane back and sighed. "All I'm saying is, there's something we can get into out there and I'm gonna find it. I'm not staying in this fucking hotel room. All we do is work."

"I never asked you to." Mani offered distractedly.

"Yeah well I feel bad if I leave you here." She mumbled, angrily lacing up her boots.

"Yeah Mani, you should come." Camila piped up.

Normani looked up from her phone to see Camila leaning in the doorway. She didn't even hear her enter. She went back to scrolling on Instagram a second later. Camila spent almost all her of her free time in whatever room Lauren was in. They all knew what was up between them but no one ever spoke on the subject. We were pretty big on don't ask, don't tell.

"You're not leaving me anywhere." Mani chuckled. "I'm just choosing not to go."

"I fucking broke my nail." Lauren groaned before holding her head with both hands.

"Be more careful, okay?" Camila jumped up to aid the raven-haired beauty, carefully lacing the boots before tying them tightly.

"Yeah LoLo-you're definitely gonna have hypertension when you get older."

"I just gotta fucking get outta here." Lauren admitted. "If I don't start having some fun I'm gonna spazz."

"Don't do that." Mani commented quietly as she clicked on an in coming text message.

Mufasa 🦁💕: Wyd? Too lazy 2 come over

Normanz 💕: Too lazy to type too I see