The Truth

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

-

Dinah Jane.. Lost then Found

"Right," I sighed, stepping back from him

"Right," I sighed, stepping back from him. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes. I had never felt this awful before, this unattractive, this rejected.

"Dinah. I do apologize, but there are rules and I must adhere to them," he pleaded gently.

"No. I understand." I stumbled back towards the door.

"Dinah, There is bed in the back if you would like to lay down for a moment," he pointed past the rest of the men, the corner. I considered it for a moment, but changed my mind. I bet the population of the island could have spent some amount of quality time on that bed.

"No thank you Sun. I should go." He stood there watching me and then I remembered. "Please - continue what you were doing." Without a word Sun picked up his tools and set about reshaping the small golden leave that had cooled a bit during our short conversation.

Too in that short amount of time, the effect of the Amah started to wear off. I was coming back down, core temperature returning to normal.

I didn't feel aroused anymore. I felt ridiculous. Foolish. Unwanted.

I wanted to just find some place to hide, crawl into a hole and wait until the Princess-ha. The Real Princess, was ready to bring me back home. At least Gordon wanted me around, not strings attached, no pretense.

I pushed the door closed and turned to see Cru waiting on the grass.

"Can you just give me a few minutes?" I knew someone had sent him to follow me, but he could at least give me the allusion of being alone.

"As you wish, Dinah," he said quietly.

I turned and walked towards the trees. It was dark, and I could still hear the commotion coming from the banquet hall, but I knew if I went just a few feet off the footpath no one would see me.

I walked a little ways in and sunk down next to a tall palm tree, tucking my chin to my knees. The tears finally brimmed over.

I couldn't remember a time I had felt this awful.

God, this was stupid.

I'd just been shot down by a guy whose only purpose was to have sex and I couldn't even get him to touch me. I was so pathetic. I should just go as soon as the Princess returned. No hesitating. I just needed to get away from this place, get away from all this confusion.

Get back to Gordon. I couldn't believe I'd considered staying. He would need me back, even if just for the rest of the summer.

I don't know how long I had been wallowing in my own self-pity, but it was long enough for the moon to start rising higher in the sky. I could see it, huge and full, through the tops of the trees. Slowly the noise from the banquet hall began to die down. I heard a few footsteps through the trees. Probably lovers going for a late night swim. I wondered just how many of them were drunk off the Amah and how many of them really into each other.