twenty five ; baby im right here

T W E N T Y F I V E ; B A B Y  I M  R I G H T  H E R E

" you'll never be alone, ill be with you from dusk till dawn "

"So. . . uh yikes huh?" Scarlett rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly as she sat next to Jake in their secret cove beach that they visited together which seemed like a lifetime ago. It was incredible and shocking how much both of their lives had changed in such a short amount of time, only a few years really. Yet, Scarlett knew that if she looked back to the girl that she used to be, she would be staring at a stranger. It was for the best, and even if it wasn't, it was how things were now so they would all just have to accept their new fate.

"That's an understatement," Jake choked out a chuckle as Scarlett leaned her head against his shoulder, the two staring out at the waves that crashed into the shore. He couldn't remember the last time he just sat with Scarlett, like the siblings they always thought the other to be. Scarlett had been there for him, through his mother's death, his sisters leaving and his father's accident she was the only reoccurring person throughout every single tragedy he endured. He wanted to punch himself for letting Bella come in between that, it was a regret that he'd live with every single day, the time he lost between Scarlett. And while Bella was the mother of his imprint, he couldn't help but feel like the lengths he went for her were truly for naught, he lost out on his best friend--his sister for nothing really and it was a damn shame.

Scarlett however, was more than forgiving towards him. The truth was she was just tired, tired of hating people all the time, tired of being angry and bitter towards the past. And while she knew things would never be the same with everyone who had broken her trust, she figured it really couldn't hurt to mend some friendships. The ones with the Cullens especially, as she was the active alpha of the pack and some kind of friendship needed to be created between the coven.

"How did this all happen?" Scarlett wondered as the sun started to make its descent towards the horizon, the long day coming to a sweet end. It was twilight, she supposed.

Jake laugh was more genuine this time, "I think it was Bella falling in love with Cullen," He offered, making the girl snort with a shake of her head.

"Oh Bella. . . its always Bella," Scarlett sighed. Bella was still in her transformation as it had only been a few days, and yet a lot had already happened in such a short time. Renesmee had grown to the size of a least a six-month-old, she was a blabbering happy mess with the ability to make people see her thoughts. And while Scarlett tried to steer clear of the slobbering mess of a child, she too couldn't help the allure the small kid held. Jake had barely left her side, only being pulled away when Rosalie could hardly stand him anymore the two always going after each other's throats. Scarlett attempted to shape things back up with Rosalie and Jasper, well she hadn't really said anything or spoken anything meaningful to them but she now held back her snide remarks and side eyes. Things seemed to be getting relatively better in only in a few days, it was remarkable.