twenty four ; most sacred law

T W E N T Y F O U R ; m o s t s a c r e d l a w

"he imprinted on her"

The days went by slowly as they awaited the arrival of Bellas child

The days went by slowly as they awaited the arrival of Bellas child. The edge still tipping for the rest of the pack as they sent warning howls to the Cullens and Bella warning them of what could come, Scarlett didn't stop them. They should be on edge, they should be prepared for what might come and she had no problem admitting that. Leah and Seth kept Scarlett updated on the situation, Jake choosing not too afraid that she would use the information against Bella which she had no intention to do so.

Bella was now drinking human blood after a snide comment suggested through Jakes thoughts which Edward had picked up on. She was now on a steady diet of a few blood bags a day and was now looking much better, her pulse stronger. Scarlett was happy to hear it, after the initial recoil of disgust at the fact that Bella was still human and drinking other peoples blood, but happy nonetheless.

The pack began to worry after hearing the news, believing that the demon baby was only becoming stronger, coming up with ideas like that it would eat its way out of Bella. Scarlett quieted them down upon hearing such, and though she worried about it for a moment she chose to remain positive, hoping for the best yet prepared in case of the worst.

A few days later it was reported back to Scarlett that Edward could hear the babies thoughts, making Scarlett relieved for the slightest of seconds if it could have basic thoughts then it must be more human, at least that's what she had hoped for, to be honest she couldn't be sure what was about to come out of her old best friend, she could only wish that by the end of the next night that everyone she knew and loved would be alive.

__________________________________________________________________________

"Tonights the night," Scarlett announced to the pack who stood outside of her and Pauls home, the man standing close beside his mate. His internal instincts running wild to protect her with the incoming threat. Most of the Cullens were out hunting, Embry and Jared had seen them pass through hours ago most likely preparing for the night, which could very well turn into a fight. Sam and Paul had threatened to take them out as they were crossing, get it done and over with they had said, that was before Scarlett put her foot down.

They were not the enemies, at least not yet and they would treat them with a decent amount of respect until the line was crossed.

"What do we do?" Quil asked, his husky body leaned up against the side of a tree watching his new Alpha for the answer, his own instincts were running wild. Vampires were out there in their woods right now, taking them out would be like bread and butter.

"We wait, this could just be a baby for all we know and I don't know about you guys but I don't want a humans death on my conscious, especially one so close to one of our own," Scarlett explained to the group making Sam grumble.