AST 771 - 775

AST 771 – The Fight of the Ultimate Life and Death Against Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan (1)

It was already late in the morning and the Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan had already appeared on the arena. There were about fifty of them and they all appeared to be the strong cultivators of Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan.

The leader was a very old man. He looked even older than the Donggong elderly man from the other day. His eyes were dull and he had a hunchback. Dressed in extremely plain clothes, people would have thought that he was merely a very elderly man.

However, the respectful attitudes that the other people from the Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan clan had towards him gave away his influential status among the clan to the others. Perhaps even though he wasn’t normally involved in the Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan’s matters, his orders were still absolute to the current Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan’s heads.

This time only this elderly man sat down while the others stood behind him. Each and every one of them were reverential and respectful towards him, causing everyone around to also feel a great deal of pressure and subconsciously back off a few steps.

The people from the other few big clans appeared in succession too. After the arrival of the old man from Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan, the Wuma Clan’s old man also joined him on the same table.

“Uncle Shengtian, you’re here too.” Wuma Clan’s old man greeted the Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan’s old man with a smile after he took a seat.

“It’s truly a failure for the Eastern Palace Clan to be forced into this situation by a young man. If this old bone still doesn’t show his face, the Eastern Palace Clan is going to be razed to the ground soon.” The man’s voice was very calm and he didn’t sound very unusual either. The only unusual thing was that this old man seemed too ordinary to be true.

“How could that happen with you around?” Wuma Clan’s old man laughed.

“Even if it is the Eastern Palace Aristocrat Clan who claims the victory today, we will still need a few decades to regain our former strength. It isn’t easy to nurture a Peak Martial Saint cultivator.”

………

It was getting late in the morning. Qing Shui, Cang Wuya, Fei Wuji and the rest, including the Ye Clan’s old man, Ye Guyan, Ye Yan and some strong cultivators from the Ye Clan, set off to the Martial God Street.

Tears streamed down Fei Wuji’s face the moment he knew that Donggong Maisun, who had forced his grandfather to kill his father back then, had died. Although he wasn’t the one who did it, enemies should be executed. Besides, he had come so it could be considered that he had exacted his revenge. Back then, there were about five or six of them in total and Donggong Maisun was the key person. As for the others, he wondered if some of them were among the other six who had died.

Anyway, now that they were going to fight in the Fight of the Ultimate Life and Death, those people who were still alive from back then had nowhere to escape. Actually the most important thing was that he had exacted revenge for the Old Ancestor and had found solace in it. The burden in Fei Wuji’s heart had been lifted. If the Old Ancestor knew about this, he would be able to rest in peace now.

Human are emotional and sentimental beings. A man needs self respect just like how a Buddha needs incense.

“Qing Shui……” Fei Wuji seemed like he had something to tell Qing Shui but didn’t in the end.

“Martial Uncle Fei, I know what you want to say. The Old Ancestor was my savior. Mingyue is my wife. She is your granddaughter. We are a family, there’s no need to be a stranger,” Qing Shui gently told Fei Wuji in the carriage.