Chapter Nine

"Dad!" I turned around to see Emily, but older. "Honey, where's Baz?" an older version of me asks. "I gave him to papa," she said with a smile. Who's Baz? Who's her papa?

"Ugh, but I want my baby boy," older me pouts. This made Emily giggle. "Here's him and dad now mom, gosh," Emily said with a small laugh. "Yes! I get to be with all my babies. You, your brother, and your papa," older me whispers the last sentence to Emily.

I turn to see an older version of Patton carrying a baby boy. I then realize what I'm seeing. This is what I want my future to be.

But I won't let you. A voice echoes insults around the room while the picture cracks and fades. I fall to my knees, close my eyes, and clover my ears.

Suddenly, the voice stops. I looks at my arm that's covered in cuts, blood seeping from them. I stared at my arms before blacking out.

_________

I wake up and realize, I'm in Patton's bed and he's laying next to me. I guess what happened yesterday was real. I smile. Welp, I better get up and ready. I get dressed and start making breakfast. For breakfast I made bacon, waffles, and a chocolate chip pancake for Patton. Waffles and bacon is Thomas, and I's favorite breakfast. If Patton made breakfast it would be chocolate chip muffins or chocolate chip pancakes.

When the food is close to done, I see a sluggish Patton come out of his room. "Good morning Patton," I chuckle. With a yawn he replies "Morning king of the snores." I glare at him and he smirks in return. "My name is Virgil!" He smiles even more. "Ohh, I'm sorry Vernon. Thomas! It's time to wake up!" Patton yells.

I gave Thomas his plate, the one with more waffles. Then I give Patton his, with little bacon and his pancake. They both give me a confused glance, but I just smiled. "Why did you make breakfast? You could have slept in longer, ya know," Patton says. I grab his plate and say "If you don't want it, that's fine. I'll just give your food to the kitty." He tries to reach for his plate, so I set it just far enough out of his reach. "Fine! Thank for making us food," Patton says. I smile and hand him his plate. I get my own plate and start eating.

I was washing dishes when a sudden wave of darkness hit me. What you did to Patton earlier was so mean! What are you such an idiotic jerk? He deserves so much better than you. "-rgil?" I hear a voice say.

I turn to see Patton. "Yeah? What's up?" I ask as if I wasn't just in my own dimension. "You okay?" he asks putting his arms around my shoulders. I smile and nod. "Do you want some help?" he asks. "Could you dry the dishes and put them away." "Sure thing," Patton agrees and starts to help.

Patton turns on the radio and after about 6 songs, a really cute song comes on. "Wanna dance?" Patton asks. "We aren't done yet," I reply. As I'm about to grab another plate Patton takes my hand. "Procrastination is key." he whispers into my ear. I laugh. "Okay fine." I say in a slightly whiny voice.

We start to move to the beat of the song. It's weird, but definitely a love song. Patton starts to chuckle. I couldn't tell if it was because he was happy and having fun or if I danced weird. For once in a long time, I didn't care if it were the latter. "If funny," Patton says. I tilt my head telling him to explain what was funny. "Through all this, I still see a rose in you," he explains.

He then spins and dips me for no real reason. "Close your eyes," Patton whispers in my ear after he pulls me up. I did as told. Soon after, I feel a soft pair of lips on mine and smile into the kiss.