c. eighteen

I stirred and kept my eyes closed as I snuggled into the warmth, and I momentarily tensed up as I heard a deep velvety chuckle rumbling from beside me. I noted the gently and even taps of his fingers against a keyboard. I opened my eyes, to see Sebastian smiling gently down at me, his hair a mess atop his head.

"I told you, I'd be right here," he says, a smirk tugging at his rosy lips. I smiled up at him, and I noticed the somewhat compromising position. My head rested against his muscular thigh, while a sleek silver laptop rested on his other. I slowly eased myself up, resting against the headboard and noticed we'd found ourselves in his room, and I took a deep breath, relishing in his scent that lingered all around.

"What are you doing?" I asked simply, gesturing over to his laptop which seemed somewhat like a toy in comparison to his large frame.

"We've all decided that we need to get the werewolves involved," he said with a groan, his hands rubbing at his know wrinkled temples, and I couldn't help but smile at the thought of meeting them.

"So, I'm throwing a ball, to celebrate you, and make sure everyone knows that they are to protect you as they protect their own mates," he says simply.

"You d-don't need to throw me a ball," I said, feeling somewhat nervous at the prospect of being the centre of attention.

"I'd pull the moon down here with my own two hands if it meant you'd finally understand your worth to me," he says, his eyes already scanning over the words scattered on his screen.

"What's you're favourite colour, Celeste?" he asked me, somewhat distracted, and I pondered the question, before my answer came to mind as I gazed to him. I reached up slowly, pulling his chin towards me slowly, and curiosity registered on his features.

I stared deeply into his eyes, admiring the way in which the colours melded together.

"Blue and green, just like your eyes," I said with a small smile and I restrained a giggle as I noticed the pink hue that began to litter his cheeks, and he offered me a bright smile. It was strange to see a man as large as himself, look down shyly over the few words I'd spoken to him.

I shuffled closer to him, and I began to read the words littering the screen.

"Sebastian," I said with a groan, now rubbing my own forehead, "I don't know much about people, but I know you can't say 'Be there, or else' to people you want to help you," I said, an airy chuckle escaping my lips.

"Well why not? They know I could kill them all in a few minutes," he grumbles, and I slap my forehead once more.

"That's besides the point, you have to be nice, so that they actually want to help you!" I pulled the laptop from his lap and read through it all, sighing and playfully glaring at him as I'd finished and he simply shrugged. I simply erased everything he'd had and wrote a much more pleasant invite.

"If I had money of my own, I'd bet all of it that when the guests get here on the day, they'll be far happier than when they've been forced from their homes," I said with a light chuckle. He read the invite and folded his arms over his chest and grumbled what seemed to be him agreeing with me.

He looked over to me for a moment, and smiled as he got up, walking towards his walk in wardrobe and returned with a sleek black rectangular box, a small silky bow attached to it, and he jumped gently into the bed, he handed it over to me, and I watched him curiously as I slowly lifted the lid of the box, only to see a sleek black credit card, my name elegantly engraved on the front and immediately I began to shook my head, and began to close the box, and he simply placed his hand over my own.

"I've been roaming this earth for decades, Celeste," he says simply, his hand slowly trailing up my jaw, and disappearing into my wild tresses.

"I have homes in every country you can think of, some of the earliest cars you can think of, operational businesses in several countries," he continued, his thumb stroking my cheek, making it hard to focus on the words he was saying.