Chapter 22 - Coming out

No P.O.V

“I’m so happy that you’re here” Lauren said as she open the front door and was greeted by Megan.

“I told you I’m here for you and I know you’re nervous but trust me it’ll be alright.” Megan reassured pulling Lauren in for a hug.

“Come on I’m starving” Lauren said walking to the living room with Megan trailing behind.

“Hey everyone” Megan greeted as she entered the room.

“Hey honey” Papa J said getting up and hugging her “Come on let’s eat”

They all started sitting at the table as Mama J brought out the last of the bowls.

“How isn’t Chase and the kids here sweetie?” Mama J asked as she took her seat.

Megan looked at Lauren obviously she couldn’t tell them the truth which was, she thought that tonight was going to be eventful and on Lauren’s behalf less people would be better. She ranked her brains thinking so she wouldn’t be revealing the bomb shell waiting to happen before Lauren was ready.

“The kids fell asleep early, they had a long day and we didn’t wanna wake them, plus Chase has this meeting early in the morning so he thought it would be wise if he stayed back with them but he sends his regrets for not being able to make it.” Megan concluded

“It’s completely understandable honey, I’m always busy with work myself but when I’m home I’m just grateful to be spending it in peace with my girls.” Papa J added

Lauren cringes when her dad said peace that was far from what this family was going to have tonight. Lauren felt like a predator and they were her prey, they when along so care free not knowing what was waiting for them, something which can turn everything upside down just waiting to pop up on the least expected moment.

The dinner when along and the anxiety in Lauren keep building up she couldn’t take this any longer if she did she wouldn’t do it again, it was now or never.

“So Megan how’s work?” Mama J asked as said girl open her mouth to answer she was cut off.

“I need to tell you guys something” Lauren said quickly

“Lauren can it wait, let Megan get a chance to answer” Mama J retort with a sense of sternness  

Megan locked eyes with Lauren, trying to confirm her suspicion giving her a look which the younger girl interpreted as her sister asking if she was ready, Lauren nodded allowing Megan to take ahold of her hand.

“It’s okay Lauren has something really important to share with you.” Said Megan

“Go ahead Laur” Papa J encourage

“I am … I’m not really sure how to say this … but I’m” Lauren tried getting out.