Theory: Is Kovo Good or Bad?

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT: "The Return" and the rest of "Fall of the Beast"

This was an old post (not on here) I did before I read "Burning Tide" but there'll still be spoilers for the book.

THERE ARE NO SPOILERS FOR "HEART OF THE LANDS" OR ANY BOOKS AFTER THAT'

--- --- ---

I've read the first series and have already finished reading "Heart of the Lands". As I read the second series (before "Burning Tide" came out) I wondered many things.

One of them being this...

...is Kovo actually good or bad?

In the first series, we read that Kovo started TWO wars, killed FOUR of the Great Beasts (Briggan, Uraza, Jhi, and Essix), just so he can steal all the talismans.

But WHY did he steal the talismans? So that he can make the Staff of Cycles and rule the world?

That's what we thought at first but then, when we read the second series, Kovo was actually trying to SAVE Erdas. It said that Kovo was the only Great Beast who detected the rot inside the Evertree and told half of the people, the Hellans, to go down to tend the Evertree's roots while the other half stayed above ground to build a weapon.

So Kovo started TWO wars, killed FOUR Great Beasts, stole all the talismans to create the Staff of Cycles, NOT to RULE over Erdas, but to SAVE Erdas.

But then, when we read the last book of the first series, The Evertree, he'd stolen the talismans and created the Staff of Cycles. At that time, the Wyrm was still enclosed in the Evertree's roots. The Wyrm hadn't been a problem when he stole the talismans...

...so what was Kovo going to do with the Staff of Cycles?

Before reading Burning Tide, I had thought that the secret weapon would've been the Staff of Cycles but it was then revealed to be two bells, one in Erdas and one down in Sadre.

So...unless the Staff of Cycles was another way to save Erdas...

Did he really steal the talismans and make the Staff of Cycles so that he could DESTROY the Wyrm and SAVE Erdas...

...or did he steal it so that he could RULE Erdas?

Is Kovo actually good or bad?

I'd like to hear your suggestions and thoughts for this one so feel free to comment down below!

Le Redcloak is out!