Canon Info: Meilin's Bile Bond Solved

Spoilers: Against the Tide and Fall of the Beasts series

Why is Meilin not a half-panda since she drank the Bile?

I'm sure this question had been floating around our minds for a while now...unless you've also cracked the code on this one. If you haven't, well here I am, explaining in full detail as to why Meilin isn't a half-panda girl.

-- -- --

-Recap-

We all know that at the end of "Against the Tide", it was revealed that Meilin unintentionally drank the Bile! Why?

Cause General Teng may have feared that if her daughter ended up NOT summoning an animal, then the Bile would automatically provide one for her in a forced and unnatural way. Such a thoughtful father!

And we all know in the second series that those peeps who drank the Bile and were freed by Tellun, slowly merged with their spirit animals, thus emerging King CrocodileEyes (aka Shane) and the Redcloaks.

So why is Meilin and Jhi not MeiJhi yet? Or Jheilin? (And no, don't even think for a second that this is John and Eilene's ship name).

-- -- --

What is the purpose of the Nectar?

The Nectar doesn't necessarily mean you're going to get a spirit animal. It just means that once you've come to the age where you might summon a spirit animal, you'll be free of the risk of getting the Bonding Sickness if you actually are meant to summon a Spirit Animal.

Meanwhile, the Bile guarantees that you will be getting a spirit animal. Only, it's a forced bond.

Just keep that in mind peeps.

-- -- --

What does the Bile do?

1. When the Nectar fails you, telling you that you weren't meant to summon an animal like a smack in the face, here comes the Bile to save the day! The best part of it all? It let's you choose the animal and control it!

This was seen in Devin's Bile summoning when he chooses Elda, a black wildcat, that was stuck in a cage. Or that random guy who chose a wolf in "Tales of the Great Beasts". And we saw plenty of Conquerors controlling their own spirit animals.

2. The Bile is the only known cure for the Bonding Sickness cause... it gives you full control over your spirit animal.

Let's take Aidana's for example. She summoned her crow with no Nectar and she got the Bonding Sickness. She meets Zerif who presents the cure and now she's cured...with a price, leading us to the third thing this Bile does.

3. The Bile Bond gives Gerathon full (or almost full) access of controlling you.

But after Tellun decided to jump out of nowhere and cure everyone who's Bile-Infected, Gerathon no longer has them under her scales.

-- -- --

What happened to them afterwards?

Let's take these two examples: Devin and Aidana.

Devin slowly but surely merged with Elda. The reasons being he did not summon his spirit animal naturally and summoned Elda through the forced Bile bond, unnaturally. He chose his spirit animal, which was stuck in a cage. When Devin drank the Nectar, he didn't call on a Spirit Animal.
Sorry buddy but not everyone gets the chance.

Aidana on the other hand is not a half-crow. The reason simply being that she summoned her crow naturally. She summoned it way before she drank the Bile. She and the crow were actually meant to be. She was only unfortunate of not drinking the Nectar and avoiding the Bonding Sickness. Cause someone in the book once said... "No Spirit Animal bond is a mistake." Or something along those lines.

This leads us back to the question:
Why is Meilin not a half-panda? She summoned Jhi through the Bile but you don't see her having black and white fur.

The answer isn't simply because a long, long, time ago, when Feliandor summoned his crocodile through the Bile, Kovo had said, "hey, maybe you two were actually meant to be if you've summoned the crocodile with the Nectar cause the croc decided to walk up to you instead of you having to choose it." BUT...it is the same idea.

Meilin and Jhi were destined to be partners... As in, spirit animal and summoner partners of course. (#ReilinForLife)

If that answer is not enough for you, then maybe this is...

If you read Meilin's Nectar Ceremony closely, she drank the Bile and Jhi appears in a bright flash of light.

HOLD UP!

"There was a brilliant flash and she was joined onstage by a black-and-white panda."

The Bile lets you choose your spirit animal which has to be in a cage. JHI FREAKIN APPEARED IN A BRIGHT FLASH OF LIGHT AND WALKEd RIGHT UP TO HER FACE!

Just like Briggan, just like Essix, and just like Uraza.

THEY'RE DESTINED TO BE PARTNERS! Even without the Bile, she still would've summoned a Spirit Animal.

I mean, that's gotta be the only explanation for that, right? Well I can't think of anything else. Leave a comment if I've missed anything or if I'm just being plain confusing.

The only reason I wanted to type this up in the first place was because of some of the spirit animal roleplays I was in. You wanna be a Redcloak who's merged with your spirit animal? Won't work if you summoned your animal naturally bro!