[3] Memories

Izuku couldn't feel anything. Not his limbs, not the light of his face if there was any to begin with, not even his own heart that was probably hammering in his chest. Only his murky thoughts chock full of questions greeted him.

Where was he? He vaguely remembered a bar, but had had no clue as to whether he was still there or not.

How long had be been here? Not sure but he was dying to figure it out, literally.

He wasn't sure how many times they had done it, poked, prodded, punched, because after each bout he passed out. He still felt the linger of the sharp sting on his skin and intense heat burning in chest. He knew bruises had blossomed across the entirety of his skin similar flowers in spring, and that blood ran from newly created wounds like waterfalls. He couldn't quite remember just who was it that dished out this torture, but decided this was a guy never wanted to pick a fight with.

Speaking of memory...

Izuku's mind felt clouded for some reason and he couldn't pinpoint why, and was slowly starting to struggle to remember things that should have come as easy to him. Things about himself that he should have known like the back of his hand.

He couldn't remember the layout of his neighborhood, or what restaurants were in the area, or his address, or what school he went to, or what his friends' names were, or if he hand any. That wasn't that scared him though.

What chilled him to the bone, was that he couldn't remember his last name.

He almost forgot his first name, but for the entire time he'd been awake, he'd been clutching onto the name. Izuku. He didn't want to lose the last important shred of memory he had. He didn't want to faint, because for some reason, each time he did, he lost a piece of his memory. Nothing like mathematics or science or history, but any of the memories he shared with another person had just vanished like they had never existed.

At least, he thought it was the memories with people that were missing. He didn't know what exactly was lost, so he couldn't be sure, but that was the only logical trend he found. Nothing besides that made sense, well not his current state of mind anyways.

If it wasn't for the fact that Izuku could crack his eyes open and actually see objects, he would have thought that he had already been buried in a coffin alive. He'd felt that before, the feeling of the walls closing in around him, suffocating him, killing him. Fear getting jammed in his throat, causing all the words threatening to spill out to become clogged and forcing him to be unable to breath properly. He'd felt it when Kacchan was bullying him by trapping him in a cardboard box when they were younger, and he had never wanted to feel it again. Apparently luck wasn't on his side.

Izuku paused.

Kacchan?

The name had just popped into his head like it was natural, he had no idea who it belonged to though. The name lit a fire in his chest, but it was different than the searing pain type of fire in his chest. This one was warm and a little unruly. It flooded his head and threatened to escape out the top. It felt comforting though, the flame the name brought him. The rambunctious flame settled at where his heart would be, and didn't move anywhere else.

Just who or what was Kacchan?

Now he really didn't want to pass out.

| |

'Kacchan!'

Katsuki whirled around his seat, only to face the desk behind him. Empty. Just seeing that caused the small void in his chest to expand. He... He could have sworn he just her that shity Deku's voice from behind him where his chair would be. He growled and ran a hand through his spiked hair.