My First Day. Her Last Day.

I woke up to the sound of my parents "loudly discussing their feelings" again. They didn't fool me. I knew they were fighting but I didn't know why. Whatever. It doesn't matter. What mattered was that today was my first day, of high school that is. I got up and got ready quickly so I could go "pick up" my friend from her house which just means me having to wake her up and force her to go to school.

She was always trying to hurt herself because she had a bad life. Okay that was an understatement. Her life was so fucked up. First off her parents are divorced, her mother is selling her body for drugs, her father is always away on "business", three years ago her uncle raped her and she has been bullied ever since 3rd grade. But she had me her "little guardian angel sent from heaven" as she always said. And I know I probably should have made her stay with me when her father is on "business" but she always said she would be fine, so I let her be. I got to her house in about 5 minutes. She lived about a block and a half away from me so it wasn't that much trouble to go to her house.

I walked inside and ran up to her room. She wasn't there. "Emily!" No answer. I walked down stairs and noticed a light on in the bathroom. The door was cracked open.

"Emily?" I said almost as a whisper. I gently knocked on the door, "Emily this isn't funny if you are trying to scare me. We need to," I stopped and looked down. My best friend was here physically but no longer mentally.

My eyes started to swell as tears ran viscously down my face. "Emily?" I whispered. Then I saw the razor in her hand. No she promised she wouldn't cut herself again she promised me. My knees couldn't hold me up anymore I fell to the corps's side. I moved her so she was in my arms. There was blood everywhere. I held her and cried. "Why do you leave me? How am I supposed to go on and be sane without someone here to keep me on track. How can I just pick up the pieces by myself? Emily! Why? Why did you do this?" I almost screamed the last part.

I gently put her down off of me. I took out my phone and dialed the police.

"Police department what's the emergency?" The lady asked.

"My. My."

"Mam we can't help you if you don't tell us."

"My friend," I finally got out, "sh-she killed herself." I was balling my eyes out.

"Mam keep calm and tell me where she is."

"She's at her house," I took a deep breath, "t-the address is 1354 Willow Springs Drive."

"Alright mam I let the authorities know. Keep calm and they will be there soon."

And with a click she was gone, just like the person next to me. Gone.

A few minuets passed and there was a knock on the door. I got up off the floor and walked to the front door. I opened it.

"Hello miss, we got a call about a suicide?"

I let a few more tears fall, "she's in the bathroom down the hall," my voice cracked.

The police officers went down the hall to the bathroom. I stayed when i was. I couldn't feel my legs and I felt frozen. It felt like hours I was standing there but it was only a few minutes.

"Excuse me miss." Some boy with beautiful blue eyes, and blond spiky hair said to me.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering if you were okay? Its just that I saw all the police and I just wanted to know if there was someone in your house or?"

"Oh," I started to cry again, "well," I couldn't stop crying.

"Oh please don't cry beautiful!" He held me in his arms, "its going to be okay, everything is going to be okay. Shh, its okay."

"T-thanks," I said backing up from him, "my name is Linda Ann McClain," I stuck out my hand to shake his.

He grabbed it and shook it, "my name is Daniel James Gordon, nice to meet you Linda," he smiled a beautiful smile.

"Nice to meet you too," I smiled back.

"Miss," the police officer said, "you can go to school while we take care of the body, o-or home."

I nodded and started to walk down to the sidewalk.

"Wait! Linda!" He ran to catch up to me, "not to be nosy or anything, but what were they talking about back there?"

"M-my friend. S-She uh, she committed suicide, last night," the tears started to stream down my face again. I wiped them away.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," he wrapped his arms around my waist, "you have me now, I'll be here for you." I smiled despite him hugging me close to him.

"Thank you," I said while i turned around. His face was inches from mine. I didn't notice that he was a few inches taller than me, he was perfect. He just came at a bad time. I wanted to kiss him bad, why? I just met him and I want to kiss him? And my best friend just died but all I can think about is kissing Daniel! What is wrong with me? I should be locked up or something! I am a loon!

"Can I kiss you?" Mental slap I the face! Why the hell did I just ask him that!

"I was just going to ask you the same thing," he smiled and started to lean in, when his face was centimetres away he liked his lips and let out a deep breath. It smelled like mint and it was warm. I looked into his beautiful blue eyes and then his lips hit mine. Our lips moved in sink. His were so soft but the kiss was so rough and passionate. I moved my arms up around his neck and laced my fingers through his hair.  His tung made his way into my mouth, soon we were having a sword fight with our tungs. I broke the kiss. I was put of breath.

"You are an amazing kisser," he said panting. We both laughed. "So do you go to Jefferson High?"

"Yea, I do. Do you?" I asked in hopes he did.

"Yeah, today is my first day. I'm a freshmen."

"Same here!" I cheered.

"Can I walk you to school? Or to your house, I mean because of what happened to um, yeah," he looked down at his shoes.

"Yeah, you can walk me to school, I don't want to be home," I said honestly.

"I don't mean to be nosy or anything but, why don't you want to go home?"

"My parents fight all the time, and my brother is a drunk and," tears started to steam down my face again, "and he beats me when he comes home." I fell into his arms and cried.

"Shh, its ok its ok. Linda you can stay with me and my family if you want. My mom would love for you to stay with us, she has always wanted a girl." I pulled away a little to look at him, he had the cutest half smile.

I smiled too, "I would like that thank you. Um, after school would you help me get my stuff? I don't think I could go in by myself and come out."

"Yes, of course I will, don't worry. I'll stand by your side the whole way."

"Thanks," I smiled.

"Come on. Let's get to school, we don't want to be late to our first day of school," he smiled and liked arms with me. We walked to school together, maybe this year will not be as bad as today. Maybe. I hope. I beg.