Getting Out

Day 30

Patient's Name: Linda

Reason: suisidal thoughts.

Phycologist: Dr. Lee

Medication: 200mg of Ambian. Take one 30 minutes before bed. 50 pills. Take until feeling like she can sleep on her own.

Dr's Notes: patient is no longer having suicidal thoughts. She can go home today.

"I feel like a prisoner to myself. Like I am my own personal hell. Its hard to explain, but its just I never really got along with anybody but Emily. I knew she was having family problems but I didn't know they were that bad. Then Daniel came and just made me feel happy, but then my mother always puts me down and makes me feel like...like I'm nothing." I told Dr. Lee as she scribbled down every word I said.

"Well as long as your not having any suicidal thoughts I can let you go but you have to leave with your mother because you are still a minor. I'm sorry if its not where you want to go but you have to. You could always get emancipated but you are only 14 so I belive you are still to young." She shifted in her seat waiting for my responce.

"Listen neither of my parents give a shit about me. If they did they would have come and checked on me but nobody came. I don't wanna go back with them now or ever." I practically begged her.

"Listen Linda your mother is the one who came to get you she said she wants you to come home. She said she loves you and that she missed you very much. Now you will go home with your mother and take the medication I prescribed you. Now get your belongings and meet your mother in the waiting room. Nurse Nancy will help you get ready." And with that said she was gone.

Its going to be strange being out in 'the real world' I haven't seen it in a month and I am not sure if I'm ready to pick up the peases and resume my fucked up life.

After Nurse Nancy helped me get all my belongings, I walked out to the waiting room to see my mom standing there waiting for me. We walked out of the hospital quietly and got into the car.

"I have some important news to tell you Linda." My mom said as she turned to me. I nodded for get to continue, "your father and I have decided to get...a divorce!" She said ecstatic.

What the fuck?