Fury

I stretched across the empty bed as I woke up and glanced at the time. 10:33am. A feeling sunk inside of me as I remembered the whole Brad situation so I quickly checked my phone, but he still hadn't replied. I sighed as I got up and pulled on one of his sweaters before going to make myself some tea.

"Hello? James?" I spoke down the phone. I'd decided to ring him since I was really close to him and I needed him to help me out here. "Oh um, hi Al" he answered awkwardly. "How are you" I sighed. "Good, and you?" "Not so good, I need your help James" I replied, hoping that he'd believe me as I began to explain things.

"Look, I don't know Al, it's all kind of a bit weird" James said after a long pause once I'd finished talking. "What?! You don't believe me?!" I exclaimed, extremely shocked. He sighed before replying. "Look, I believe you because I know that you wouldn't do that to Brad, but the thing is, Brad doesn't believe you" he said. "I can tell because he hasn't replied to my texts or returned my calls" I spoke sadly. "I've seen them, look I'll try and convince him to believe you as well but once he's got his mind on something he rarely changes it" James said, which was very true.

After I'd finished the call I buried my head into my hands as I scraped back my loose blonde hair and a few tears began to fall. Why was everything alway so stressful? I don't know how Brad found out about Jake but he's taken it in the wrong way, and now he won't believe me?

My phone buzzed and I snatched it off f the counter straight away expecting it to be Brad, but my stomach turned slightly when I realised it was Jake asking to go shopping with me that day.

I fiddled with my necklace and bit my lip as I tried to decide. I could not go, and sit here for yet another day doing nothing, or I could go and use the time to talk to him about the situation because I knew that since he changed he'd probably be able to help me out and give me advice, so after a short while I replied with a no.

I knew that it might confuse things slightly more, and even though Jake was the only friend I had available to talk to in person, I needed to put Brad first, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that a Brad was kind of in the wrong for not listening to me.

Suddenly my phone rang and I noticed it was Brad and sent a shock-like feeling through me. "Brad?! Hi!" I answered quickly. "James said you wanted to explain things?" he bluntly asked without even saying hello back. "I haven't done anything with Jake! He gave me a lift home, that's all!" I said as I began to explain the same story that I'd told James, but the only difference was that Brad didn't believe me.

"Don't lie" he spat down the line, making me annoyed. "I'm not!?" I replied. "Oh of course you aren't Alaska" he replied bitterly. I scoffed at his remark. "Don't believe me? Fine, I really don't care" I lied. "Sweet" he said in a blunt tone of voice. "I can't believe that you don't trust me!" I exclaimed out of annoyance. "Well once again I've gotten another text, but this time it's a picture of you in Jake's car, so how could I trust you?!" He shouted. "Oh my god so that's how you found out? He sent another text? Well surely you wouldn't fall for that again?!" I said, trying to remain calm but bewildered not only by the fact that Jake did the same thing again, but also by Brad believing it! "Whatever Alaska just shut up" He laughed mockingly.

At this point I could feel myself burning with fury at his rudeness, so hung up the phone without another word. I knew they'd be back tomorrow, and I wasn't going to face Brad until he apologised for being so single minded and rude, so without hesitation I picked up my phone to make yet another call.

"Katy?!" I spoke down the phone eagerly once she'd picked up. "Hey Al, what's up?" "When are you back?!" I asked, since she was currently away. "Tomorrow morning, why?" She replied. "I need to ask you a favour..." I began.

---

Hey guys so please can you give me suggestions and stuff? It would help a lot haha, thank you for reading!