Realising the truth

Alaskas P.O.V

The next couple of day flew past, as I met up with Jake, and Rachel and Katy. We all got along which was good, and I really liked them all. I missed the guys buy I'd noticed that Brad had stopped texting me as much, in fact he rarely had. Maybe it's because he's seen pictures of me and Jake on twitter, I thought, which was pathetic of him. If he can't handle the fact that I have a guy friend then that's really stupid, it's no different to me being friends with Tris, Con, and James and he doesnt seem to care about that.

We were all at mine the day before the boys were due back, when I got a text from James.

1 message from James-
How low can a person get? You text Brad something horrible then don't even apologise for it? We're back tomorrow, you really should talk to him before then.

What? Texted Brad something horrible? I scanned through my texts to and from Brad, and noticed that nothing horrible had been said, and that Brad was the one who hadn't replied to the majority of my texts. Only then did I realise how randomly off he'd been with me. I replied to James, telling him I hadn't done anything wrong. Jake must have noticed the confused look on my face because he spoke. "Whats up?".
"Nothing just Brad ignoring me for no reason." I replied. "He's an idiot I guess" Jake replied, shrugging his shoulders and turning back to watch tv. We carried on watching movies till they all went home, and I received a text from James again, in which he mentioned Jake, so I ignored it since it confirmed the fact that Brad was annoyed over our friendship. I texted Brad saying I'd be at the airport to meet them when they came out, but received no reply and went to sleep.

In the morning I woke up and got ready, before setting off since I didn't want to be late and their flight came in early. I got a taxi there and thanked the driver, before getting out and going to the arrivals area to wait for them. It wasn't long before the boys and their managers came out, so I waved and smiled, but they all just nodded their heads at me and carried on walking. Maybe they hadn't recognised me for some reason, so I rushed to the end point where they came out and waited for them to finish talking to fans. "Hey!" I said to them all. "We'll go wave a taxi down" Joe said, heading off outside with Dean, and leaving just me and the boys. "Are you deaf, I said hi!" I said laughing, but they just replied with a blunt "hi". "Um have I done something to annoy you all? I asked. Brad scoffed, before walking off. I looked at Tris, James, and Con, but they all were looking at the ground, so I turned and ran after Brad, but he was already in a taxi. The other boys walked past me and climbed in too, leaving me standing by myself. Is this a joke? The taxi drove off, and I still had no explanation as to what was happening. Brad surely couldn't be this annoyed about Jake and I being friend? Maybe that wasn't the reason after all.

"Brad?" I asked, frantically knocking on his apartment door. "Brad open the door" I demanded, before twisting the handle to discover that it was unlocked. I stepped inside and glance around, noticing a figure sat on the couch. It was Brad, and he had his feet on the couch, with his head and hands buried into his knees. He looked up, and a pang of sadness hit me as I noticed his red eyes and tear stained face. "Go away" he croaked, wiping his face. "Talk to me Brad" I said, sitting down next to him and placing my hand on his leg. He looked at my hand and then at me before sniffing and speaking. "Why are you here? Why do you still care?" He asked. "Brad listen I have no idea what's going on. I got this text from James yesterday, but I haven't said anything horrible to you" I said, showing him the text from James, before showing him mine and his conversation to prove I hadn't done anything wrong. Brad stared blankly at the screen before looking at me, and grabbing the phone out of my hand. He scrolled up and down one area of the conversation, before thrusting the phone back into my hands and reaching out his own. He typed in his password and went on his texts, before scrolling slightly and handing me his phone, staring blankly ahead. "Of course you did nothing wrong" he said sarcastically, but in a sad tone, not a rude one. I looked down at his phone and one paragraph stuck out to me, which I had apparently sent.

I reread it to make sure I hadn't read it wrong, as I million thoughts rushed in an out of my mind, before it clicked. "Jake." I said, shocked. "What about him?" Brad scoffed. "Jake sent this. I mean he must have done because I didn't. I don't like Jake Brad, I never have! I met him and became friends with him, but I don't like him in that way! And I told him about you but he didn't seem bothered so I figured he was a genuine friend. Brad I am so so so sorry, I had no idea. I thought you were blanking me and now I feel like an idiot because I've had no idea this whole time, and he must have deleted the text from my phone so I wouldn't know" I said in shock as I took everything in. Brad turned to me. "So you didn't send it?" he asked. "No! I promise you!" I said. "I should have guessed, thats the kind of thing he would do" Brad said nodding. "What do you mean? you don't even know him?" I asked. "Don't know him? Didn't he tell you we went to the same school?" He said. "Oh so you were friends?" I asked. "No where near it. More like everything I did he'd make fun of and laugh at. He was the popular guy that turned everyone against me since this girl he liked apparently liked me" He said. "Brad I had no idea. He said he was a fan of the vamps and thats all. Oh my god and all these twitter pictures and stuff made it seem more real, didn't it?" I asked, already knowing the answer. He nodded, and a pang of guilt struck me. "I am so sorry Brad" I said, shaking my head as a tear escaped. "Its fine you didn't know Al. Hey don't cry" he said, wiping the tear from my eye and pulling me into a hug. We sat there for a while, feeling perfect in each others embrace, before I pulled away. "I love you" I said before I kissed him lightly on his lips. "I love you too" he replied without hesitation. We decided to call the others and let them know the confusion and that everything was fine, and they immediately apologised for being so blunt earlier, and that to make up for it we could all go to Con's and watch movies. Since I wasn't friends with Jake, I asked to invite Rachel and Katy over, which they all agreed to. Rachel has a boyfriend currently, but Katy doesn't so who knows, maybe she'll fall for one of the boys, I thought, which made me chuckle.