Liar.

*Piper's P.O.V.*

"Oh my gosh, Piper are you okay?! Do you need anything?"

"I wouldn't mind some water." I coughed.

"Okay, here." She hands me her water bottle and insists I drink.

"No, I don't w-" before I finish I hear the nurse open the curtain. "Oh I'm still at school...?"

"Yes, yes you are" the nurse says kindly. "And your mother is on her way here now to take you back home."

"And I'm going with you." I see Kayla smile beside me as she feels my forehead. She looks to the nurse. "She's warmer than she was earlier..."

The nurse walks over to me and does the same thing Kayla just did. "So she is...."

Then Mom walks in and looks bored by the situation. "C'mon, lazy butt. Let's go. I have your brother in the van."

"Okay..." I get up and feel really light headed, I don't remember why I'm in here but there must be a good reason if my Mom's here to pick me up. She'll only come if I'm bleeding to death, my bones are jutting out of my skin, or it's a certain time of the month and there's too much blood. .-.

"I'm right here for you. I'll help get to the van, okay?" Kayla says, still sitting on the bed, hands behind me in case I fall.

"Alright." I get my (extremely heavy) backpack and get to the van within 5 minutes even though I hardly even had to walk 20 feet.

I open the door and put my backpack in then put myself in the van.

I sit down next to my 3-legged brother and get buckled. Kayla comes in and sits on the floor of the van because we only have the front and back seats in. We took out the middle row to make more room. I check my phone and see that I have 7 new messages. I look at who they're from and see that 5 of them are from Cierra and the other 2 are from Beth and Jordan.

"THEY KILLED HIM." Cierra.

"HE'S DEAD." Cierra.

"THEY FAILED." Cierra.

"I'm so sorry, Piper....but he's gone.....they couldn't do anything to save him." Oh. It's Jordan.

"PIPER. HE'S GONE. THEY LIED." Cierra again. .-.

"THEY SAID THEY WOULDN'T FAIL BUT THEY LIED. THEY KILLED HIM. HE'S GONE. WHY DID HE HAVE TO GET PUNCHED THAT FATEFUL DAY?!" Last one from Cierra.....

"Hey, hun...I hate to tell you this but....he didn't make it through the surgery. They couldn't save him...." And there's Beth. ;-;

I sit there and soak in what I just learned. The love of my life is dead. Even though he never really knew me in person, I feel like he felt the same way by the way he sounded over messaging. I feel Kayla's comforting hand on my knee and flinch, still lost in my thoughts.

"H-he's dead...." I say subconsciously.

"He what?! He can't be!"