The Frozen Mountains

Chapter Six

     Rosa breathed in as she sighed, she pounced rock from rock, checking every other second that Halo and Aurora were following. Slate had insisted on leading the group.  Rosa sighed as she started following Slate, she breathed heavily because of how tough it was to climb the steep mountain side. Rosa heard rocks crumble and fall beneath her, she heard Aurora squeal as she almost slipped. How much longer will this take? It can't be to far off, right? Rosa thought as she finally pulled her body onto the top of the snowy cliff side. Rosa sighed, she hated to look at how long it will take to get past the Frozen Mountains, these mountains went on maybe if teen acres of land? She peered off to the side, it was so far it might be longer then fifteen acres. She sucked in a hard deep breathe, once past the Frozen Mountains, it would all be down hill. She felt her stance shift as Halo marched up to her side. "That's really far," Rosa murmured with a hint of sadness of the length they will go to do this mission. "It will be okay, I promise Rosa but we just got to keep continuing our journey. We have to do this for our home or else everything we love will be destroyed." Rosa nodded in agreement, Rosa didn't want to admit that she felt home sick already, Rosa hated the idea of fleeing while other wolves are running for there lives, some females defenselessly fighting for their puppies. The thought made Rosa wanna screech, she looked back at Halo, but she heard a scratching noise, she felt like something, someone was watching them. Rosa turned to see faded eye coloration peering back at her in the shadows. She let out a steaming growl and shrieked, "Run..." Rosa cried, Rosa bounded down the rocky edges, she heard Aurora let out a small cry of fear and fright. Rosa darted from the cliff side, she looked down at the endless forest that lay before her. She sighed, scrambled after Halo, Aurora, and Slate. She watched the faded eyes disappear, They we're just here...? Wait how can eyes just disappear? Rosa questioned. Rosa then hurried upwards, jumping past Halo  as she landed she let out a growl, someone could feel the vibrations of the paws hitting the ground so hardly, it felt like the ground was shaking, Rosa felt ground crumble beneath her, rocks hit her tender paws, she braced for impact as she slide down the steep slide, until THUMP! Rosa had hit a tree, she let out a weak whimper and walked down slightly, she felt her paw bleed and her side cripple with pain. "Are you okay Rosa?" Halo jerked her head towards Halo. "I'm fine, I hope." Rosa uttered trying not to seem like she was in pain, but the thing was, she was. Rosa grew up not knowing when to ask for help, especially when it revolved around her own injury. Rosa looked behind her, "I think we escaped those weird wolves. I saw their eyes, fade?" Rosa guessed making up a bit of her words as she ran with what she was saying. "Can't be much more weirder then what's down here." Slate growled quietly to himself. Rosa took a long hard stare at him, "You're just a breath of fresh air, aren't  you?" Halo said sarcastically snapping at Slate. "Why thank you!" Slate grinned making himself seem pathetic in Rosa's opinion, "I was metaphorically speaking, but alright?" Halo barked and returned to the previous conversation. "So, you're saying their eyes like faded from color?" Halo returning to her curious sweet voice. "Yeah, it was strange. One second you see the eyes, then you don't." Rosa replied "Did you see a coat color? Or anything other then the fading eyes?" Halo spoke, she sounded quite curious with the situation but Rosa couldn't tell if it was Halo or Rosa, doing the curious part. "Nope, only the eyes," Rosa turned after speaking, and continued forward. "We better start walking if we want to reach the mountain peak by nightfall." Rosa whimpered, her voice sounded annoyed, or it was just the pain filling her side and paws, she was hurting herself by continuing on without putting something on her injures. Halo strutted up beside her, "We're going to find you some sort of herb to heal that wound of yours." Halo said not willing to take no for answer, even though Rosa wanted Halo to leave her alone with her injury. "Fine, if you're going to insist. Sometimes I wonder how I put up with you so long," Rosa joked, "Hey, you love me and you know it." Halo chuckled back at Rosa. "And no matter how many times the devil...I mean angel comes out of that sweet little voice of yours," Rosa continued, with a joking smile, "I will love whatever you say," Rosa said lovingly. "Oh yeah!" Halo threatened, "Once we save the world you can get me, twenty berries, ten rabbits, two deer, and no snakes, or spiders." Halo said devil like. "I walked right into that," Rosa teased, she sighed and sucked in a deep breath. She watched as the ground became denser and darker around them as the tree tops shaded the dark forest with the creepy ghost wolves. Rosa noticed the hollow holes in trees from woodpeckers and  owl nests. They were empty. It was almost like a ghost town, What have we walked into? Rosa thought. Halo seemed like she was worried, was she panicking over the fact that they had risked there life for their home? That might have been destroyed already? Rosa wanted to ask Halo, but felt bad for bringing up the topic if she was seriously worried, or was it Rosa's injury that made it worse? Rosa sighed. She closed her eyes and envisioned what they would be doing right now if they weren't here, but nothing came to her mind, that was how lost hope seemed. Then Rosa realized something, "Uh Halo, we're down a wolf." Rosa said panicked "Say it's Slate who's gone!" Halo whimpered. "Hey, I heard that!" Slate snapped. It was Aurora, last time Rosa saw Aurora was during the slide down the hill. Then the figures disappeared. "She must have gotten separated, and lost." Halo exclaimed nervously, "She's not alone," Rosa sighed, "She's with the Ghost Wolves."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! Its Wild here, I just wanted to apologize for this weeks chapters being so late. I got busy and couldn't get my chapter done so that held up the release. I tried to make my chapter longer to make up for it. Anyways, we hope you liked this weeks chapters. Don't forget to comment and tell us what you like about they story, as well as some of the things you maybe didn't like. See ya next week!

(Disclaimer, the picture at the top does not belong to us. We claim no picture unless stated otherwise)