6

Sunday 16th December 2016
[ 쪽지 // 진영 ]

"How did the decorations go yesterday?" Ara asked as she slurped down some noodles.

Nari was at Ara's house, the two were having a lunch break from their English project. "Great... ish..." Nari muttered.

"Hmm, let me guess, you made some bet with someone and you ended up doing whatever the loser had to do? Yeah, I know you." Her friend snickered, her mouth filled with noodles, "who did you go up against?"

"Bae Jinyoung -  a boy in out class. But-"

"Oh him. Not relevant but I know one of his friends," she drank some of the soup, "Ong Seongwoo. Not Hong Seongwoo but Ong Seongwoo, not Gong Seongwoo, it's Ong Seongwoo-"

"Okay, I get it, his last name is 'Ong', not Hong or Gong or whatever rhymes with 'Ong'."

Ara chuckled.

"Anyways, he cheated. He switched the tree around while I was in the toilet!"

"How did he even- nevermind. Did you still treat him to lunch?"

Nari narrowed her eyes in disgust, "yeah... I swear he was trying to make me lose all my money. Whenever he finished a meal, he would always ask for more." She took a piece of kimbap and placed it in her mouth. She reminded herself of yesterday when her and Jinyoung played rock, paper, scissors just to determine who was treating the other for lunch.

"Well... not relevant, again, but did you get another note on Friday?" Her friend wiggles her eyebrows.

Nari rolled her eyes, "yes, but leave it. I'm in the midst of figuring who's sending me these notes and-"

"Is it that Jinyoung guy?"

Nari stammered, just the mention of his name sent butterflies in her stomach. She felt herself heat up, "o-o-okay, that's enough chat. Let's stop eating and get back to the project-"

"Why are your ears going-"

"Red? Leave it. Come on," the girl shoved some noddles into her mouth before taking her textbook and opened it up at the folded page.

Ara stared at her, after all the years she's known her for, she knew better than to question what was wrong with her friend so she got to work too, eating some food every now and then.

However, a theory did pop into her head about Nari's relationship between Jinyoung.

—

"NO! DAEHWI, PLEASE LET ME WIN THIS TIME. PLEASEEEEEEE!" Jinyoung furiously pressed the buttons on his controller.

Daehwi laughed as he crossed the finish line, "aha, another flick to your forehead. Come here." He set the controller down beside him.

The two boys were at Daehwi's house,  doing their homework.

Jinyoung groaned, also setting his controller beside him. He inched closer to his friend, "this is the fourth time already."

Daehwi shrugged, "not my fault that you're so bad. Also, lift your bangs up this time."

"What? Can't I at least have a cushion to soften the blow?"

"Pffft, you've had a cushion for the past four flicks, I don't think you need it anymore."

Jinyoung wriggled in discomfort, he hesitantly lifted up his bangs with the palm of his hand, closing his eyes tightly whilst getting ready for the impact, "hurry up! I wanna get it over and done with."

Daehwi laughed and all of sudden he felt a slight sting in his forehead where the finger hit him. Jinyoung rocked back and forth, the pain still lingering, "gahhh. I hate you."

His friend shrugged, a small smile on his lips, "oh well. Up for another game?"

Jinyoung hummed, he glanced over to the pile of homework - their English project - that sat behind them, "why not? We've got enough time anyways."

The two picked up their controllers and sat cross legged in front of the tv. They started another game with the same penalty.

"Was decorating the tree boring?" Daehwi asked, "you know when- ahhh, no no no... when you were at school."

"No, not really. I-" Jinyoung frantically pressed some buttons, "-I actually won a bet-ish.."

"Why? What did you do?"

There was silence, only the sounds effects of the game was heard.

Jinyoung collected his thoughts before answering, he floated off into a slight day dream where him and Nari was eating lunch together. Where him and Nari were alone together. "We were decorating the Christmas tree and Nari, being Nari, she made a bet. Obviously I won," he felt himself blush slightly at the thought of Nari, thankfully Daehwi was in a trance to notice.

"Aish- what was the penalty? No no no! Phew."

"Treating the other to lunch."

"I see," Daehwi nodded.

The two were almost finishing their fifth game, they were pressing buttons furiously as the two characters who were edging closer to the finishing line. On the screen, the two were neck 'n' neck. Jinyoung- no, Daehwi, Jinyoung, Daehwi, Jinyoung, Daehwi... who won?

"YAS! AFTER FIVE CONSECUTIVE GAMES I WON! YES! COME HERE DAEHWI, YOUR TURN TO GET A FLICK ON THE HEAD!"

Daehwi groaned, he shook his head, "I can't believe I lost. I lost to you."

Jinyoung didn't seem to hear him, he was humming to himself cheerfully.

His friend set his controller, again, beside him and inched closer to Jinyoung.

"Lift up your bangs please."

Daehwi reluctantly lifted up his bangs with the palm of his hands just like Jinyoung and closed his eyes, "OW. YOU FLICK REALLY HARD!"

All around the house, all you could hear was Jinyoung's happy giggles, happy that he got to flick his best friend in the head.

A/N: so the flicking part of the story was from a clip of Stray kids, I think it was a video on V Live. I don't remember... whoopsh
Also, I'm really sorry for not updating yesterday.. I forgot all about it.. however, yes, it's gonna be a double update, on for yesterday and today :)))