11

Friday 21st December 2016
[ 쪽지 // 진영 ]

Anyways, like I said, it's the last day of this semester, I hope you enjoyed it. Nari,

He looked up feeling someone gazing down at him. It was Nari. Using his hands, he covered up the note hoping that she didn't see any of it, "you didn't see anything right?"

Nari shook her head, "why? What's it about?"

Jinyoung swallowed, "n-n-nothing, just a bunch of school notes. Anyways, why are you here? Can I help you with anything?"

The girl smiled, "nothing. I just wanted to know how the snowball fight went yesterday. I had to leave early because I had a dentist appointment."

Jinyoung snickered at the recent memory from yesterday. He recalled what had happened yesterday, how her friend (Jisoo) threw a snowball resulting in Daehwi getting frozen ice down his back.

As he was telling the story, Nari laughed making Jinyoung admire her features once again. He admired how she had wrinkles forming around her eyes when she smiled, he admired the way how her smile made her look 10x more beautiful, he admired how she was standing right in front of him, talking to him.

"Poor Daehwi, I hope he's okay."

"Yeah.." He trailed off. Jinyoung wanted to finish off the note but he didn't want to shoo Nari away without sounding rude so he waited, the awkward silence between them once again returning.

"Um, Nari, are you doing anything for Christmas?"

"That reminds me, I've got to ask Ara something," she was about to go when she realised that his question was still unanswered, "no, I'm just staying at home with my family. Why'd you ask?"

Jinyoung shook his head: left and right, "nothing important. Just wondering."

The girl nodded and gave a little wave before leaving Jinyoung and his note alone.

Conscious of the time, the boy peered over at the clock hanging on the wall behind him. Everyone was at lunch, including the teacher. Jinyoung picked up his pen again, scribbling down the remaining part of his message.

"Are you writing another note to Nari?"

After some time passed, Jinyoung heard Daehwi's voice. He gazed up at the boy who entered the room.

He went slightly red. He had forgotten that he told Daehwi and his friends about his little crush on Nari.

It happened a few days ago where Jinyoung was texting Nari if she was free the next day to get an ice cream she's been longing for. Cliché as it is, he sent the text message to his friends' group chat. From there on, they knew about his affection for Nari.

"Yup. Now I just have to feed it to her locker and that's me done for the day until after the holidays." He stood up, piece of paper folded in his hand.

—