9

Wednesday 19th December 2016
[ 쪽지 // 진영 ]

"Go home safely everyone," that was the teacher's last words before everyone started packing up.

Jinyoung placed everything; his textbooks, his workbooks and his pencil case into his bag. He glanced around his desk just in case he forgot something and he did forget something - the note. He quickly snatched it up and shoved it into his pocket, "where's Nari?" His eyes wandered around the classroom for a bit until he saw her by her desk talking to Ara.

Since she was distracted, he peered around the door frame - the coast was clear. He hurriedly went over to Nari's locker to feed it his little message. After that, he retreated back to the classroom only to see Nari checking through her bag and Daehwi waiting by Jinyoung's desk.

"When are we meeting up again for the English project?"

"Tomorrow would be good or on the weekend again," Jinyoung swung his bag over his shoulder.

"I've got to help the family around with the business tomorrow so the weekend's good," his friend smiled. At that, he greeted Jinyoung a goodbye before leaving Nari and him alone.

"Where'd the teacher go?"

"He went to the toilet," she said simply before swinging her own bag over her shoulder. "Right, lets go?"

Jinyoung nodded, a small smile grew on his face as the two headed out.

The two were almost by the entrance, the awkward silence engulfing them once again until Nari spoke.

"I forgot something in my locker, let me just get- wait here please."

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere," he chuckled.

She ran back to her locker, thankfully it wasn't very far from where they were standing.

The familiar sound of the locker slamming shut rang through the vast corridor, shattering the layer of silence. Her fast footsteps was soon followed after that as she slowly came back into Jinyoung's sight. Her breathing was heavy, her lips slightly parted which Jinyoung found cute. Before he knew it, he caught himself staring and forced himself to look away.

"Anyways, lets go! Again..." Nari grinned, beginning to walk out of the school with Jinyoung following close behind her.

He hadn't notice until now that unlike before, Nari was shorter than him, a head shorter than him. He remembered when they were still young, how Nari would be taller than him and most of the boys in their class but now it all changed. Yes, she was still tall but just a head smaller than most of the boys.

Subconsciously, it made him realise how long Jinyoung had known Nari. All the memories in middle school came flooding back into his mind, the scenes replaying in his eyes.

—

"Why didn't you just ask?"

"Because I was afraid that I would sound annoying..." Nari trailed off, shrinking back in her seat.

Jinyoung chuckled at her, "it's fine. Give it to me while you do what you need to do. I won't eat it anyways."

The girl smiled, giving him her ice cream. She picked up the note and unfolded it, gently taking back her ice cream, "thank you," her eyes never left the piece of paper as she licked the cold frozen substance.

Hi Nari, how are you today? I'm contemplating whether or not I should reveal myself because by now I can tell you're probably wondering like hell who the in the actual world am I. Well, you just have to wait a little longer.

Also, keep smiling, it suits you :)

That was cringe, I'm sorry.

Nari chuckled softly to herself, she loved the way how the writer himself was a little quirky, how he acknowledged that he was writing something cringy.

She suddenly felt someone watching her and she looked up, noticing how Jinyoung was staring intently at her. He already had finish his ice cream.

The two made eye contact, taking the chance to look into Jinyoung's eyes, she noticed his pupils dilate but she couldn't remember what it was she read about when a person's eyes dilate. The gaze lasted for sometime before Jinyoung broke away, "your ice cream's gonna melt."

Nari looked down at her hand in which the ice cream on a cone was held, she chortled awkwardly and quickly gobbled it up; finishing every last piece.

"Um.. what was that note about?"

The girl was caught off guard, "i-it- someone wrote to me. You know, like little love letters or something. But this person's different from what you usually read or see, he acknowledges how cringy he's being. I really like that about him." She realised that she had just told him everything.

Unexpectedly, Jinyoung's reaction was simply a smile, one that showed neither happiness nor despair which made it hard to decipher what he was thinking.

Before she knew it, she found herself beaming too but she knew what her feelings were telling her and this time she couldn't deny it. She truly adored the boy sitting in the seat opposite her.

That was when something came floating back into her mind, when you're looking at something you like or love, your pupils dilate.

Could it be?

"So Jinyoung..."

The two conversed just like they had on their phones, waiting for time to pass. They laughed and smiled as they shared thoughts and opinions, finding a lot of stuff they had in common.

You could say it was a date, considering how the boy and the girl had a wonderful time, even though it was just an outing to get ice cream.

Besides, as the two were having fun, as if on cue, it had started to snow, delighting both the girl and the boy.

A/N: long chapter! Hope you guys enjoyed it. IT'S ALMOST THE END OF THIS FRICKEN BOOK ;-;
Oh well, it was horrible anyways so yayyyyyy...