part seventeen

I stayed there that night. I stayed in a dark, quiet alley way, crying and screaming. But not just for one night, one week. I didn't eat for one whole week, not that I ate much anyways. I didn't drink, or shower. I just sat there, crying. My clothes began to form wholes in them from the harsh weather.

No one cared, or else I would have been hunted down and found. Scott probably didn't even care.
I decided to get up today and move to a different location. I wasn't going to be found. I had no desire to see anyone. Not even Scott. Well... maybe a little...
I walked through forests and then found a old bench to sit at. As soon as I sat down, I felt as if there was nothing wrong with me. And that was a first. I felt safe and for some reason I believed that no one would be able to find me here. But I was wrong.

A little over an hour, I herd footsteps but I ignored it. I was trying to ease my mind and relax. But all my relaxation had been lost after I had opened my eyes to see Scott sitting on the bench right next to me. My eyes widened, jaw dropped and heart just about stopped. I needed to scream but just as I was about to he put his hand over my mouth. "Shhh!" he said. "They will find us!! Now, come with me so I can get you home for good." He said. I shook my head. "I-I can't go home..." I stuttered. "My mom.. my sister... I can't see them." I said. "Mitch, I'll be with you. I won't let them do anything to you. Just trust me, okay?"
I sighed and nodded, trusting his words. As we got up and started walking through the woods, I asked, "And If it doesn't work... Will I go back?" Scott shook his head. "You'll never go back. If you don't feel like you should stay with your family, then I'll take you back to my place. Deal?" I nodded and agreed. "Deal."
We walked a little bit more until I stopped. Scott stopped too and turned towards me. I looked up at him, his eyes confused. I opened my arms and just gave him a hug. "T-Thank you... T-Thank you so much..." I said, beginning to cry. He smiled and rubbed my back. "I'm glad I can see the real Mitch now. The Mitch who isn't afraid. You're incredible and have come so far. I'm so proud of you." He said. I smiled, still hugging him.

Wow. I love Scott... A lot.

thanks for 5.k !! i'll post once or twice over the weekend !! comment your thoughts on the book so far !!