part thirty five

I paused and let myself think of a way to hide the fact that I had a hickey on my neck. "I don't know what you're talking about." I said drunkenly, putting my hand over it. Scott just sighed and kept driving, never saying a word all the way home. I couldn't really focus on anything, all the alcohol was making me real drunk. I probably wouldn't remember any of this in the morning but Scott sure will.
He pulled in the driveway of his house and got out of the car, walking into the house without saying a word to me. I got out and stumbled into the house. He took a pillow and a blanket and took it to the guest room. He walked back into his room to grab his phone charger and some spare clothes, and closed the door, locking it behind him.
At the moment I was slightly confused but I wasn't bothered about it.
I walked into his room and changed into my pajamas, brushed my teeth and hair. I stared at the hickey on my neck, shrugged and walked over to Scott's bed.
It was almost five thirty in the morning so I decided to sleep. I got into Scott's bed, lonely since he wasn't in it and fell asleep.

•••••

Around eleven thirty in the morning, I began to wake up. My head was throbbing and my stomach felt terrible. I got up and took a pain killer, grabbed my phone and walked out to the living room. Scott was sitting on the couch with one hand over his eyes and the other on his lap, holding his phone.
I walked over to the couch and sat down a few seats beside him and looked over at him. He looked at me and then quickly looked back to his phone. "Morning.." I said. He nodded, not saying anything back. I sighed. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, huh?" I asked. He sighed and looked over at me. "Do you not remember anything that happened last night?" he looked at me, his eyes bloodshot from crying? "I got drunk. That's all I remember. Were you crying?" I asked. He shrugged. "Does it matter? Do you even care?" He shook his head, looking at his phone.
I paused and then scooted over to him. "Of course I care, Scott." I said, putting my hand on his thigh. "Get your hand off me." He snapped. I sighed and took it off. "What the hell is going on?" I asked. "You should know, Look at the thing your boyfriend left on your neck." He said in a broken tone.
I raised an eyebrow. "You're my boyfriend, Scott." He shook his head and pointed to the hickey. "Beau thinks differently." He paused and turned towards me. "How's his kissing skills? Better than mine? Why don't you stay with him and have him protect you."
I gasped. "Scott, I was drunk! I don't remember any of it! I love you!" I yelled, tears forming in my eyes. "Sure you do Mitch. You could have stopped yourself. Being drunk doesn't make you forget who you're boyfriend who you 'love' is." He said, getting up and grabbing his car keys. "I'll be back later." He said, slamming the door to the house, getting in his car and driving away.
I held my head in my hands and simply broke down. I fucked up.
I do love Scott...

\_('.')_/