Chapter Three

===== CHAPTER 3 =====

Victoria arrived in Ohio & spent most of her Sunday morning getting ready and shoving her breakfast around on her plate.

“Something wrong?” her mother asked her, while tucking her freshly curled hair behind her ear. Victoria gave a weak smile & debated whether to let her mother know what was going on.

VICTORIA’S POV

Should I tell her…? What would she say? Would she be disappointed..? I know she’ll bring up Ryan. Then she’ll tell me I’m being irresponsible with my emotions. And immature.

“Well?” she put her fork and knife down, then resting her hands on the table. She looked genuinely concerned, I decided I should just let her know.

“Recently, I’ve been starting to think I have feelings for Avan,” I started.

THINK was an understatement. He was all I could dream about; he was the only person I wanted to talk to and be around. I knew I had feelings for him, now.

I studied her expression, hoping for nothing of disapproval.

“Honey, what about Ryan? You’re just going to do away with that?” I knew she’d bring that up. I played with my food some more and looked down.

“Things are over with us, I think. We haven’t been talking and we’ve both been busy,” I said. It surprised me how I was fine saying all this; just a few months ago I would’ve thought it was the end of the world without him.

She nodded her head as if she already understood everything going on in my head. “So you two ended things properly? Official breaking up-type of deal?” I shook my head because honestly, we hadn’t been talking enough to do even that. I was kind of on the loose end of our relationship. “Well then,” she added and I leaned forward, “I don’t think you should be considering your feelings for Avan right now.”

I sighed, “I thought you’d be more supportive, Mom. I really need it right now.”

“Victoria, I didn’t raise you this way and you know better. You’re an adult now and you can make your own decisions, but responsibly.” I sank back into my seat and tried to eat my bacon. She wasn’t done with her light reprimanding though; it did get a little better. “It’s great that you have feelings for your best friend; he’s such a great guy & such a joy to have around but he has a girlfriend now too. You can’t just tear them apart because of feelings you have, sweetie. You know, better.” Right, better.

She was right, I do know better but everyone knows how crazy things like these can make you. I reached for my water & took a sip before continuing my work on my breakfast. We turned on the television in the room just to see what was on but before we got to find anything good, a staff member from the signing walked in and followed with a knock.

A tall, red-headed woman appeared in front of my mother and I. She was looking through a clipboard and shaking her head while making little notes with her ballpoint pen. Her button up shirt was off by a button and her ear piece was basically dangling off her neck. To put it simply, she looked overwhelmed and once she looked up, you could see the tired all over her face.

“Hi Ms. Justice, I’m Amy!” she rang while shaking my hand. As she started speaking, I became distracted by the way her short hair flew everywhere while she spoke with excitement. Where she got all that excitement, I don’t know.

“We’re going to have to start heading out for the signing in a bit, so I’ll just wait for you to finish your breakfast! If you need anything I’ll be waiting by the door and security will be able to walk you out. We’re just going to have to go over a few things so you’ll know the agenda! There’s lots of your fans lined up so we’re trying to get everything up and running on time.” That was so fast, I was surprised I even caught that. I forced myself to finish eating even though I wasn’t feeling so hungry while my mother picked up her purse.