26

UNDER PRESSURE

Kitty. . .

I'm not happy anymore. . . I'm so sad. . .

I'm crying, Kitty. . . I'm crying. . . I'm so alone, in my room, in this dungeon, too late for the world to stay awake, and watch the night roll by with me. . . I don't want to work anymore. . . I'm crying. . . I'm so tired. . . I just want to sleep, Kitty. . . I miss my bed, Kitty. Kitty, I don't want to work anymore. . . Why did I do this to myself. . . Please, please let this nightmare be over. . . I'm so tired. . . I'm crying Kitty. . . Kitty, please make it stop. . . Please make all the sleepless nights, all the Montreal's of scribbled papers, all the endless tiredness and sickness which follows the void of rest, all the tissues which mount my trash bin with living mucous from my breathless nostrils, all the pains and sores which inflate and disfigure my fatigued fingers--Kitty-- please make it stop. . . I want to sleep-- FOREVER-- and ever, and ever and ever and ever and ever, and ever and ever, and ever and ever, and ever and ever. . . Kitty. Kitty. Kitty, I'm so tired. . . I'm not happy anymore. . . I need a break. . . Kitty, please help me. . . I'm not happy anymore. . . I'm so tired, Kitty. . . My breaths have lost me. . . Sympathize with me, Kitty. . . Know what I mean, when I say: I am 'finally tired'. . . I wish dream. . . that I am sleeping. . .

I wish to sleep. . .

And to sleep forever. . .