Chapter 12:

I slowed Omega to a trot and finally a walk as Briggs and I approached the barn.

I suddenly felt embarrassed about running away and I had a feeling Leslie would be making me work without stirrups for at least the next two lessons. I cringed at the thought.

" ...What's going on? "

Briggs voice pulled me out of my thoughts and that's when I noticed a large, sleek horse trailer was parked in front of the barn and Leslie was standing with a man I didn't recognize. She looked like she was about to burst into tears as the man yelled at her.

" Hey Leslie! " I quickly hopped off Omega and jogged with her to the two adults. " What is all this? "

Leslie sighed as she ran a hand over her face tiredly. " Not now Mia...I'm trying to discuss a private matter with Mr. Coolburg... "

Mr. Coolburg? Amelias' father? 

I nodded and led Omega into the barn, where Amelia, Greg and Danielle all had their horses in the aisle, each with a padded halter, shipping boots and thin travelling sheets.

I paused in front of Amelia and Classy. " What is your dad doing here? With that trailer? "

Amelia rolled her eyes. " Take a look around Mia. This farm is going under. More riders are leaving than coming in " she clipped a lead line to Classy's halter. " I was planning to tell Leslie this after the show, but since the barn is going under I figured now was as good a time as any...daddy just bought a new stable across town. It's state of the art, perfect for riders who are serious about winning... "

My eyes widened. " You can't leave! Without you we can't qualify for the show! We won't have enough riders! "

Amelia smirked. " It's not just one rider you're losing... " she glanced back at Greg and Danielle. " These two realized that this place is going down...and my new stable is the place to be... "

I looked at the others, who hid their faces in their horses coats.

" I can't believe you all! " I snapped. " It's one thing to transfer to a new stable. But you're all leaving when West-Afton needs you most! It's not fair! "

Amelia clicked Classy forward and I quickly moved Omega aside. 

" What do you care? It's not like you're sticking around either. You're just as bad as you claim we are... "

I bit my lip as tears welled up in my eyes. Without three other riders we couldn't even ride at the show, which was our last chance to save the stables.

Amelia paused and turned back to us. " Oh! And we'll see you at the show... "

" W-What? " my voice cracked, making her smirk.

" Well, our team has enough riders to compete now...so on second thought, we probably won't see you at the show... " She giggled.

I felt my heart break in two.