Chapter 14:

" They're going to think we're creepy! "

" Then they'll have to talk to us! "

" Shh! I think they heard us! "

Oh we had heard them

In unison, Briggs and I turned to find two girls about twice our height staring at us. They looked like the same person, which could mean two things.

They were either clones that had escaped from a lab somewhere in area 51...or they were twins. My gut told me the second guess was right.

But clones would've been cool too.

I smiled warmly at them. " Hi! " I kept my tone light and friendly even thought they had been following me and Briggs since we had first arrived at school and whispering not so subtly behind our backs.

The twin on the left stepped forward. " Sorry if you think we're like, some creepy stalkers...following you around was Lacy's idea... "

" Was not! " The twin on the right, Lacy I assumed, replied. " It was your idea Macy! "

Briggs and I shot each other a look. I'd never seen these girls around before and I was guessing he hadn't either. They must've been new students.

Briggs looked forward at the girls and flashed a smile. " Are you girls new? "

They nodded in unison and Lacy spoke this time.

" Um, ya...we just moved here last week... " She cleared her throat. " We...we saw your post last night...about needing riders who can jump a meter sixty "

I immediately perked up. " You two jump? "

They broke into smiles and nodded excitedly. " We love jumping! And we were wondering if we could be apart of your team for that show? "

I immediately wanted to say yes, but I wanted to seem professional, not-as Amelia put it, 'desperate'

" Can you come by West-Afton farm this afternoon? " Briggs beat me to the words. " We'd like to see you jump before making any decisions "

They nodded again. " Would we be able to trailer our horses over? "

" Of course! " I spoke up. " We'll have stalls ready for them! "

We continued casual discussion about riding as the twins followed and sat with us for lunch.

I was praying for the time to go by faster as the afternoon dragged on.

By the end of the day, we would hopefully only need to find one more rider for our team.

Then it would be watch out Amelia and hopefully not a goodbye to West-Afton...