Mistletoe,

-----------------------------------------------------------

"It's...snowing...?"
"I guess it is.."

-----------------------------------------------------------

As another month went pass, the Mystreet community started to prepare for another occasion; Christmas.

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly!"
Aphmau started to sing, setting up a wreath at the front of the door.
"Fa la la la la, la la la la..." Katelyn continued in a bored out, tired voice. "Aww, where's the Christmas spirit, Katelyn~Sama?" Kawaii~Chan asked.
"Well, I would have been feeling jolly if I hadn't stayed up the whole night working on the program script." Katelyn replied, rubbing her eyes and pinching herself constantly. The blue haired woman was trying her best to not fall asleep, which was unusual, since she normally wouldn't fight back the temptation.

"You know...You didn't have to do that." Aphmau said, stepping down from her ladder. "Why didn't you tell me sooner!" Katelyn yelled. "I felt lazy. Plus, when I was going to tell you, I noticed you were almost done." Katelyn sighed roughly and crossed her arms. "Now, I'm going to go get some shut-eye." She said, walking to her bedroom. Kawaii~Chan pulled her back and shook her head. "Katelyn~Sama won't feel refreshed after that! She'll feel cranky!" The meifwa said with a frown. "I want to sleep though.." Katelyn whined. "Fine. Get sleep, but don't come back to us when you realized it was a big mistake." Aphmau hung up a few mistletoes here and there and smiled. "All set." Kawaii~Chan squealed in delight. "Kawaii~Chan wonders who'll be the lucky people to get under this mistletoe!" Aphmau smirked at her remark, looking slightly evil. "I already know who'll get under."

It seems like moments had only passed by when everyone who inhabits Mystreet came into the room with bags. Everyone arrived, except for one person.

"Garroth?" Laurance wondered out loud.

"HO HO HO!"

Everybody looked towards the roof of the house. It seems as though the sound was coming from up there.

"HO HO HO!"

It went again. A minute passes and Garroth appears at the fireplace in a silly Santa costume. "Merry Christmas Mystreet!" He greeted with a jolly grin. He got up and dusted himself before spreading Christmas joy by giving his gifts to everyone. For Laurance, he got him...nothing?

Laurance felt something he had never felt because of Garroth.
Sadness.
Heartbroken?...

Garroth looked over to him amd smiled. He didn't smile back. Garroth then put on a worried expression before Aphmau called. "And now, let's have the best Christmas party EVER!" She yells from the stairs. Everyone replied with a "WOOO!" or "YEAH!!"

Everyone except Laurance.

He kept quiet for a quarter of the party's time before Santa-- I mean, Garroth, approached him. He wore the same worried expression he showed two hours ago. "Laurance. Are you okay?" He asked. Laurance scoffed and didn't reply. "Oh, come on. Don't give me that look.." Garroth pouted. Laurance did his best to not show a forgiving face, which worked.

.
.
.
"Why?"

"Why, what?" Garroth asked. "Why did you forget me?" Laurance asked. "I..I didn't, Laurance. My gift isn't something physical, I guess. You'll see soon enough." Garroth replied simply, walking away. Laurance still kept a straight face.

Throughout the second quarter of the party, Laurance was seen nearby the couch, often times sitting on the armrest. Many people tried to talk to him, but he'd give simple replies like yes, no, maybe, and I don't know.

It continued on like this until the fifth to the last event of the party.

"Psstt! Laurance!" A voice called in a whisper.
Laurance turned around and didn't notice.
"Over here!" It beckoned.
Laurance finally spotted Garroth hiding at the door of the basement. Laurance sighed lightly and mouthed, "What are you doing there?" Garroth made a hand signal to come over, and so he did. Garroth went down the stairs quickly, and let Laurance follow behind. They both reach the floor after some waiting.

"Why did you call me here?" Laurance started. "Look, I just wanted to say I am sorry. I'm sorry for sounding weird with all that nonsense I was making." Garroth looked down shyly. "So, I might as well give you the gift right now, since...I think it's a good time to." Laurance looked around. "So, where is it?" He asked. Garroth pointed upwards, "It's right here."

Laurance noticed a mistletoe hanging down and flushed his face red. He looked back at Garroth, but before he could do anything, his mouth was blocked by Garroth's lips pressing against his. A kiss was his gift. He began to think, 'But a kiss is physical, so is it the love he is showing to me the gift?' He questioned. He stopped wondering and enjoyed it for a few more seconds before moving back.

For the first time, Laurance heard the words he has always wanted to hear from him.

"I love you, Laurance!"
"I love you too."

[WORD COUNT:825 words]