Chapter 8: Atticus's Confession

Atticus

I have to tell Jaden right away. The reason that Honest is really after is the power of Nightshroud.

Yeah, like how I suppose to tell him that? I mean, he has a lot going on with saving the Duel Academy from evil sources and trying to break the evil within his sister's heart.

As I was walking through the hallway, I saw Blair and Axel.

"Hey, guys. Have you seen Jaden anywhere?" I ask the two duelists. Both of them look at each other and Blair said, "I think he and Jesse went to the forest in a hurry this morning. You should try there."

 I went there as Jaden saw me. "Atticus! What you doing here?"

"Listen, I have to confess something. It involves with Honest." I said, which causes Jaden and Jesse to exchange looks with pure confusion.

"What you saying?" Jaden asks.

I said, "Honest is threating the school in search of ... Nightshroud." 

Both of them were in total silence, trying to embrace the reality of the truth.

"Atticus, I thought that we destroyed your evil half. That doesn't make sense. Why would Honest would go all through that trouble?" Jesse asks me.

Jaden said, thoughtfully, "I don't know what Honest is planning to do with the power of Nightshroud, but it isn't a good thing.

We know that Nightshroud is capable of." 

I bit my lip, as Jaden said, "Uh, no offense , Atticus. We didn't know you were him at the time when the Shadow Riders arrived at Duel Academy." 

Jesse said, "Smooth, Jad. Just smooth. That is not how to remind all the bad things have been happening recently. We came to the forest in order to find the Supreme Princess , remember?"

I gasp of their attempt to free Casoria from the Supreme Princess's will.

"You're kidding. I thought that you said that she was more powerful than the Supreme King. How you going to free Casoria?"

"Well..." Jesse said, rubbing his flashback of his conversation with Jaden.

Jesse

Jaden surprised me last night of his insane idea. "Wait , you want to do what?"

"Well, if the Supreme Princess is stronger than the Supreme King, I want to duel her. I have to go through the inner darkness of Casoria's soul and try to talk to her." 

"You think that would actually work, Jad? I mean it is kind of a big risk of trying to go through someone's soul like that." I ask the young duelist with pure curiosity.

"Yubel and I talked it over and she said it is the only way to go through to my sister. But I do need your deck of Crystal Beasts.

They might help me do it." Jaden explains.

I sighed, knowing that no matter that Jaden can't duel without being concern for his friends.

I handed him the deck, "Jaden, I will support you, no matter what happens . You know that." 

He nods, "Thanks, Jesse. I promise that I will be careful with your deck as my own." 

Atticus was stunned when I told him the flashback. "How come you didn't want to tell the others about this?