Lights & The Tree? Check. Love? Always Checked.

So, the past chapter was pretty shocking and revealing. I hope this chapter can make up for it in some way. Also, this chapter is set later in December as you'll read in the chapter.

Enjoy!

Audrey and everyone else loves you! :D

VOTE. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE.

Chapter 14- Lights & the Tree? Check. Love? Always Checked.

Three months later on December 24th, 2011

After that day on 10/2/2011, Audrey seemed to like Gretchen more. Her mom was really pleased. Today is Christmas Eve and Audrey’s mom has the whole day planned out. Audrey strung along her friends and Mark & Kendra. She is still stuck on who to be with. She’s growing on both Mark & Kendra. “Love is so hard.” Audrey thought.

They head out to the park and since it’s so cold they walk into a local Starbucks and order a cup of steaming coffee. The coffee place begins playing Evanescence’s My Immortal.

I'm so tired of being here Suppressed by all my childish fears And if you have to leave I wish that you would just leave 'Cause your presence still lingers here And it won't leave me alone These wounds won't seem to heal This pain is just too real There's just too much that time cannot erase- Evanescence.

Speaking of awkwardness, Scarlet walks hand in hand with Leanne. Audrey is still not surprised by this pairing.

            “Hi, Scarlet.” says Audrey. “I thought you didn’t want to talk to me anymore.” says Scarlet. “I thought I say something to you.” says Audrey. “I’m surprised this is happening right now.” says Scarlet. “How are you and Leanne?” says Audrey. “Fine; Why?” says Scarlet. “It seems that you don’t fit the frame of the picture very well.” says Audrey. “I would agree with you, Audrey.” says Leanne. “Is that so?” says Scarlet. “Yes, it is; you treat me so unfairly. When you kiss me, I don’t feel the spark like I do with guys.” says Leanne. “Are you trying to tell me that you don’t love me anymore?” says Scarlet. “Yes, I am.” says Leanne. “Okay, then. Bye, Leanne.” says Scarlet.

Scarlet leaves the coffeeshop so upset and Audrey heads out to talk to her about it and maybe can manage her behavior like she can about her relationships.

            “Get away from me!” shouts Scarlet. “I’m trying to help you. At least accept it.” says Audrey. “Do you still love me?” says Scarlet. “No.” says Audrey. “Then leave me alone.” says Scarlet. “At least let me help you.” says Audrey. “Leave! Now!” shouts Scarlet.

Audrey heads back into the coffee shop and sees that both Mark & Kendra are now holding her hands. “I’m glad someone is backing me up.” Audrey thought. They leave from Starbucks and walk around the park.

            “The scene is just perfect. Snow on the ground; two amazing people by my side; I just love it.” says Audrey. “We’re glad to be here.” says Kendra & Mark. “I like it, too.” says Linda. “Me too.” says Gretchen. “Where to now, guys?” says Audrey. “Who’s hungry?” says Linda. “We all are!” says everyone else. “Okay, let’s go.” says Linda.

They all go to this local place for lunch that serves everything fresh and organic; just the way everyone likes it. “Compared to outside, it feels much better in here.” Audrey thought. Audrey and everyone else eat then they leave to go back home to bake some cookies for Santa tonight.

As soon as they get back, Audrey heads into the kitchen and begins making a batch of her signature Snickerdoodles along with Mark & Kendra. They continue baking for about two more hours. The cookies come out and they are perfect. Then it’s time for dinner and this time it won’t be as dramatic as the last dinner Audrey, Mark & Kendra witnessed. They have mashed potatoes, yams with marshmallows, tossed salad with Italian dressing and the main ingredient: Pork roast. They devour and about 8pm, It’s a Wonderful life comes on. Audrey enjoys this movie as much as she enjoys the time with everyone around here.

            “‘What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.’” says Audrey, quoting James Stewart’s famous line.

It makes both Kendra and Mark smile that she knew the lines so well. After the movie ends, Audrey’s mom has the tradition of opening one or more presents on Christmas Eve. Audrey opens a gift from her mom first and she receives a beautiful necklace with Audrey’s birthstone in it. She gets up and hugs her mom. Surprisingly, Kendra has a gift for her, too. She opens it and it’s a charm bracelet with Audrey’s favorite things on it. Audrey loves this just as much. Then, Audrey opens Mark’s gift and it’s a gift bag filled with various Alice in Wonderland items. She gives Mark a hug and then everyone heads to bed after.

December 25th, 2011

The morning becomes anew as everyone awakes to see snow on the ground and even more presents around the tree. The stockings are hung, each hand stitched with everyone’s name on it. Audrey is happy today that it is Christmas Day. The coffee gets made and everyone gathers around the living room for stocking and even more presents.

            “Morning!” says Audrey. “Morning.” says everyone else. “Who wants to open presents first?” says Audrey. “I’ll go ahead.” says Linda.

Linda opens hers and she receives a lot of stocking stuffers along with a little something from Gretchen. She opens the box and Linda is in complete shock. It’s an engagement band engraved with Linda and Gretchen’s name on it. Audrey seems pleased of the news as well.

            “Linda, with all of my heart, will you marry me?” says Gretchen. “Of course, baby, I will.” says Linda.

They kiss and then the gift opening and stockings continue. About a few hours later, they get dressed and the whole family arrived for a Christmas celebration. This is one Christmas to remember.