Chapter 3

I woke up to hear rattling screams coming from the down stairs. I rubbed my eyes in confusion before grabbing my orange robe and running down the stairs. “Dave, oh my god, Daisy call the hospital!” I looked over to see my father sprawled out on the living room floor, twitching in every direction. “DAISY!” My mother screeched, I ran to the phone, tripping on the way. As I dialed the number I started to cry. “Hello, you are talking to Chicago Hospital, how can I assist?” I took a deep breath. “Its my father, he is having a seizure.” I looked back to the living room, everything was blurry as I fell to the kitchen floor. “Hello?” nothing. “Hello? We need your address.”

I opened my eyes to see I was in a small leather chair in a hospital. It has been a year since I had been in this building, I thought to myself. The last time Father had had a seizure was over last summer. I looked up at the lady sitting at the front desk. She smiled and said, “Hey, your awake!” I nodded, still frazzled at the whole event. “You fainted while calling about your father’s seizure,” she reminded me.“ He is in room 216, go on up.” I slowly rose from the warm leather and walked toward the elevator. When it stopped on the right floor, I walked out into the hall. Sighing, I pushed open the door labeled 216. There was a long, mint green, curtain separating my father and I. I pushed it back to see him laying in bed, he had his eyes closed, and looked like he was barely breathing. My brother was sitting in a chair beside him, stroking his sweaty hair.

“Mom!” I yelled, running towards her. She pulled me into a hug, breathing heavily on my shoulder. I could tell she had been crying. “Daisy, you fainted and…and father, he had a seizure.” she said. I could see the worry lines on her face. “ I know mom, but its going to be alright.” I tried to reassure her. She gulped as I pulled up a chair next to her. “How is father doing?” I asked, just wanting to hear that was going to be fine. Before my mom could answer the doctor flew through the door. “He is having trouble breathing!” The doctor said, running over to the hospital bed where he lay. I breathed heavily as I knew breathing problems after a seizure where not a good sign. “I half to go pee.” I lied, stepping out of the room. I ran to the nearest restroom, pressing my back against a stall door. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, without thinking I checked to see who it was.

Harry: Hey wet girl! How is your day going??? Xx

I started balling right then and there. My day was going horrible. It couldn’t be worse, and now a celebrity/boy I barely new was texting me. I sighed, deciding to just tell him the truth. Maybe if I just told him what was going on it would scare him away, I didn’t want him in my life right now.

Me: I’m at a hospital.

I stuffed the phone back in my pocket, not caring about the reply. But sure enough it buzzed..

Harry: Oh no! What happened Daisy?

I don’t know why but for some reason, in that text, he sounded like he truly cared. Which is weird, because usually you can’t tell emotions from texts. I sighed.

Me: My father had a seizure..

Harry: That’s horrible! I want to come to the hospital and see you now.

I starred at his reply for what felt like hours. What the hell? Why would a celebrity who barely even knows me want to come and comfort me while my father is in the hospital?

Me: Your not busy..

Harry: Nope…we don’t have anything today except a interview, and that’s later tonight.

I wrapped my arms around myself, realizing the bathroom floor wasn’t the warmest place. If this boy wanted to comfort me right now I should take it, because no on else is offering. I wiped away a tear and typed a reply.

Me: I’m at the Chicago Hospital

Harry: I’m on my way Daisy, see you soon xx

I stood up, brushing myself off. Harry Styles was coming to the hospital to comfort me. Oh my god. I gurgled a small giggle, before going back to reality. I used the bathroom, before running my hands through my hair a few times. I walked out of the restroom and took a seat on a bench. I let my eyes rest for a bit…

“Daisy!” I heard a deep, breathless voice yell. I opened one eye to see a curly haired boy in a Jack Willis sweat shirt sitting next to me.

“Harry, how long have you been sitting here?” I asked, rubbing my eyes in confusion.

“I just got here babe.” he said pulling me in for a hug. I winced, his touch still new to me. Did he just call me babe? I breathed in his scent before letting go.

“So how is your father?” he asked, a nervous look on his adorable face. Wait I did not just call him adorable. “ I don’t know, last time I checked he was barely breathing.” I said, watching as a frown appeared on Harry’s lips. He took my chin in his hand and pulled my face towards his. “Everything is going to be fine Daisy, just believe me.” I looked into his eyes. Was he going to kiss me? I watched his eyes as he smiled slightly, releasing my chin. I sighed. Did I want him to kiss me. Suddenly his hands cupped my face for a second time, and the next thing I new he was pressing his soft lips to my chapped ones. I put my hands around his neck, feeling his slide to my waist. Wait. Was this right? I quickly pulled away, realizing what had just happened. “Harry, no,” I looked up to see him moping,” I barely even know you.” I said before sliding of the bench and way from him.

Damn though, that boy is a good kisser.