Chapter 5

I stood there for what felt like days. My jaw was burning were his lips had been. This was happening way to fast, I thought to myself, as I forced myself to move. I clumsily walked back into the hospital, as my legs regained feeling. I was greeted by my antsy mother,” Were have you been?” My mother asked, a concerned look on her face. I bit my lip, trying to think of a believable excuse. I decided on telling her the truth.

“I was with a boy I meet yesterday.” I said, picking at my cuticles. “A boy?,” My mother quizzed, “Do I know him?” She asked with a tap of her black heel. “No, his name is Harry Styles.” She nodded slowly, before realizing what I just said.

“ Your friends with Harry Styles?” She was practically jumping in the air. “I guess..” I responded. I still wasn’t quite sure what Harry and I were. “Wow.” She said with a smile, pulling me into a hug. Why was my mom freaking out about this? Why was she so exited? I shook out my thoughts as we walked back up to my dads hospital room.

He was sitting upright in bed, a magazine in his hands. “Dad!” I yelped with excitement, running towards him. “Hi Daisy.” he said, pulling me into the millionth hug I had received today. “How are you feeling Dave?” My mom questioned, taking a seat on the edge on his bed. “A lot better, the doctor says I can go home tomorrow morning!” He squealed with excitement. I beamed at him, so relived he was ok.

“Me and Daisy are going to go home, see you tomorrow hunny.” My mom said, kissing him on the cheek and mumbling a ’I love you.’ I kissed his forehead before fallowing my mother out the door. As we walked to our car we passed the place were Harry had kissed me. I ran my fingers across my jaw, shivering at the memory. The ride home was a bit awkward, as my mom asked me how Harry and I met. I told her about the library, and the rain, leaving out the part when he called me cute. I also didn’t tell her we have kissed twice. When we finally pulled into our driveway, I bolted from the car. It felt like it had been days since I’ve been home, when really it was only a few hours. I changed into a yellow jumper, tossing my pajamas onto the floor. I walked down stairs to make a ham and cheese sandwich. As I was cutting slices of cheese I felt my phone vibrate against my but. Who would have guessed? It was Harry.

Harry: Hey Daisy, I feel bad about kissing you and then leaving. I want to make it up to youJ

I stared at the tweet, swallowing loudly.

Me: What did u have in mind?

I asked, before going back to cooking..

Harry: Laser tag?;)

I smiled at his tweet, believe it or not, I was awesome at that game.

Me: Your on! Place and time?

Harry: Tonight at 4? We can go to that place that serves food too, Wally’s?

Me: Sounds greatJ See you then!

I was now grinning from ear to ear. I loved laser tag, and Wally’s had great fries. I walked over to our couch, flipping on the TV, and taking a large bite of my sandwich. I cuddled up to the silky material, giggling at a recent episode of South Park.

Later at 3:15..

I opened my eyes to see I had fallen asleep on the couch. Stretching to see the clock, I jumped up realizing Harry was picking me up in less than a hour. I scrambled up the stairs, ripping of my clothes, and jumping into the shower. I let the cold water run over my body for about ten minutes. I then quickly dried myself of, towel drying my long hair. I opened up my closet, deciding on distressed skinny jeans, and a Paramore t-shirt. I applied some mascara and lip balm, just as my hair finished drying to its natural self. I frowned at the curls on my head, wishing I could just have straight hair. I finally grabbed my leather bag, and cell phone before walking back down stairs. It was 3:56 and Harry would be here any second.

*Ding Dong* I rose from my comfy spot on the couch, practically skipping towards the door. Why was I so happy?

“Hi!” I said as I opened the door. Harry smiled that crooked smile of his. “ Hey Daisy, ready to get shot?” He said with a wink and a smile. I giggled, “ Don’t get your hopes up wet boy!” We laughed as I took the passenger seat of his black Mustang. Tonight should be fun, I just really hope he doesn’t kiss me..