Expectations

Chapter 3: Expectations

Day 33; first day of school since getting together. I could not wait to see her and just tell her how much I loved her, like every good boyfriend should.

As I inched my way to her classroom, I blushed. I thought of how the others would react to the sudden news. However, things did not turn out the way it was.

When I arrived, she walked out of her classroom to a deserted location. "Can we keep our relationship a secret please? I don't want them to know." she asked. Without hesitation, I agreed and respected her decision, though I had the intention to show her off to the world.

" Hey, can you stay back after school? " she questioned. " Yea sure, but for what?" I answered. "I don't know, so can you stay back or not?" she persisted. I agreed instantly, as I saw it as a chance to spend more time with her.

When the time finally came, I met up with her and walked with her to the canteen. To my disappointment, it was never going to be "alone time" from the start. However, I tried to stay positive and tried my best to enjoy it.

Soon, it became a daily thing. We stayed back together with Renee and Kai Yi, two girls from my class. They would just swing around at the fitness corner while I sat down.

I did not expect much from her, seeing her once or twice daily was enough for my love to last. Even if she does not show any love back, I trust that she loved me. To love is to trust, to trust is to believe.