A second chance

Chapter 5: A second chance

Day 51; have not talked to her for two days. The feeling was different and I could not take it. I felt guilty for what I did and wanted to apologize. I took out my phone and immediately tried to text her.

To my surprise, she replied almost instantly, saying that she was sorry for shouting at me too. With that, the cracks in my heart were gone and everything was back to normal, finally.

Even though things were back to normal between us, I felt that something was missing. It felt as if her love was depleting, it was like she did not love me at all.

I was known to overthink as times, so I did not take my feelings for real and still believed that she loved me.

I also had a gaming addiction. I would play minecraft and League of Legends for hours non-stop. I like to call it the "gaming trance" and when I enter this trance, I am oblivious to my surroundings.

Hence, I might have not seen some of her messages until hours later. I also will not be able to reply while playing. Cheryl does not like this part of me and demanded I change.

I tried my best to change, for her sake. However, the games just seemed so intriguing, I go back and play it after quitting for awhile. She was disappointed in me and so was I.

Her birthday was coming up in a month's time and I wanted to prepare something for her, something that she will never forget. It was also a chance to make it up to her.

I started browsing stores everywhere and even searched online for a perfect gift. However, none seemed to be of interest to me and I was upset I could not find one.

Out of the blue, my friend, Rachel, introduced me to her blogshop. She sold a lot of self-made items which were very aesthetically pleasing. A particular item she was selling, two bears in a heart shape caught my attention, and I knew I had my eyes set on that.

It cost $20, and me not being the richest of people, started to save money. I did all this in secrecy and the only one who knew was Rachel. I wanted this gift to show how dedicated I am to this relationship, and it is not just for fun.