Unsettled

Chapter 8: Unsettled

We were both ignoring each other and did not talk for a whole week.

My class had a barbecue that week. I was excited as it was the first time my class did something together outside school. I did not want to go at first as it would mostly be girls there and I did not want her to be jealous again.

I reconsidered, after looking at our relationship status then, and decided I should not let her run MY life.

The party host, as well as "brother", Chia Ying had me go earlier to the party to help her buy ingredients.

Chia Ying has been there to guide me through my darkest times and help me at my weakest. I figured she would at least know how to help my relationship that was hanging by a thread.

We spent about 2 hours to buy the ingredients and headed off to her house after that. When we reached her deserted house, we placed the food on the table.

Seizing the opportunity, I asked her what she would do if she was in my shoes. " I would just break up with her and continue with my life, DUH " Chia Ying moaned as she rolled her eyes.

I took her advice into consideration, probably too much consideration. I was thinking about it the whole party, and I could not enjoy myself. Due to that, I stayed back to clean up with Chia Ying while the rest went off to play.

When we were alone, I confessed that I could not focus on the party, and my mind was just going wild. Being the nice person that she is, she tried to distract my mind from the problem. I was honestly really touched by her efforts.

But still the problem is left unsettled, and the future of me and Cheryl wad still unknown.