Part 10 - 20 Questions

After the shock had worn off everyone quickly headed into the building keeping their weapons high just in case

After the shock had worn off everyone quickly headed into the building keeping their weapons high just in case. At first they didn't see anyone, they all jumped once they heard a voice

"Is anyone infected?"

Rosalie looked up seeing a man pointing a gun at them, he was wearing a lab coat so she assumed he was one of the doctors here. Regardless of who he was Rosalie was still cautious so she pulled Connor closer to her, protecting him in case something happened.

"One of our people was" Rick was the one to answer "but he-he didn't make it"

Rosalie looked down feeling guilt and sadness over Jim's death, if only she could've done more to help. She felt a hand squeeze her on and looked to her side seeing Connor looking at her with sad eyes. She tried to give her son a small smile that they both knew was fake.

"What do you want?" The man asked

"A Chance" There was hope in Rick voice, hope that this could be the place that saves them.

"That's asking an awful lot these days" the doctor sighed "you submit to a blood test, that's the price of admission"

Everyone nodded agreeing that it was fair, they were all just happy that they had found somewhere safe. The boys quickly made their way back outside to grab the bags, Daryl came back first handing Rosalie and Connor their bags. Rosalie gave him a "thank you" as they started to follow Jenner to the elevator.

Once inside they all stood in a somewhat awkward silence, Rosalie was squished in between Daryl and Connor. She had a bad feeling about this place, she wasn't sure why but Jenner made her feel uneasy.

"Docs always going around packing heat like that?" Daryl was the first to break the silence.

"They were lying around so I decided to familiarise myself with them" he looked around at all of us "you all seem harmless enough, except you" he pointed at Carl "I'll have to keep my eye on you"

Carl along with a couple of other laughed softly while Rosalie smiled, this place may have made her feel uneasy but at least it was somewhere safe for the kids, she just hoped that it would last.

After the elevator came to a stop they all stepped out and headed down a long hallway. They were underground which clearly made a couple of people in the group. Rosalie included, feel uncomfortable. They made it to the end of the hallway and stepped into a room where some equipment was set up.

"Okay, I'll call you one by one to get your blood done, the rest of you can take a seat" Jenner called out

Rosalie took a seat next to Connor as Daryl leaned on the table beside her. She sighed running a hand through her hair, she was exhausted from not sleeping in almost two days, she just wanted to get this over with and get some sleep.

"Ya okay" Daryl said from next to her

She looked up at him about to answer when Jenner called her up for her turn. She slowly walked over to him sitting down in the chair