Part 16 - Pain

As soon as Carl's body hit the ground Rosalie fell to her knees and pressed her hands to his wound, she felt a slight stinging in her side but ignored it

As soon as Carl's body hit the ground Rosalie fell to her knees and pressed her hands to his wound, she felt a slight stinging in her side but ignored it. Her hands were shaking as they pressed to Carl's wound.

"Rosie Wh-what do we do?"

Rosalie put all her emotions aside going into full nurse mode "I need your shirt, make it into a pad and press it to the wound I'll also need a belt to secure it"

A man came jogging out from the woods "I'm so sorry I swear I didn't see him!" He sobbed "I know a man that could help save him but you have to follow me"

Rosalie finished securing Rick's rolled up shirt onto Carl's wound and looked up at the two men who weren't sure what to do "Rick take him"

"Rosie we don't even know-" Shane tried to argue

"It's our best shot I'm only a nurse Shane there's only so much I can do for him"

"Fine" Rick quickly picked up Carl and followed the man as fast as he could. Rosalie got to her feet and wobbled slightly due to the pain in her side, she looked down seeing her blood seeping through her tank top.

Shane turned around hearing his sister groan in pain his eyes going wide once he spotted the wound "oh god Rosie..."

"No...its okay it's just a fragment of the bullet, at least I think it's only one" she stumbled forward, Shane just managing to catch her before she fell. He quickly put her arm around his shoulder helping to support her weight before quickly moving after Rick.

They walked through the woods before they reached fields, Rick was clearly getting impatient as the man had Sloan down considerably.

"How far?!" Rick yelled while clutching Carl to his chest

"Just up there, ask for Hershel he'll help ya boy" the man panted out

Rick began to run as fast as he could to the farmhouse, Rosalie watched on with concerned eyes as they caught up to the man, she just hoped that Carl would be okay. The man turned to face her and his eyes widened

"Oh lord no, here let me help you" he ran over to her putting her other arm around his shoulder so that he and Shane were practically dragging her towards the farmhouse. "I'm really sorry I didn't see you and when I noticed the boy fell...I should've been more careful"

"Yeah you should've been!" Shane snapped back

Rosalie was in too much pain to scold her brother, the adrenaline had finally worn off and the pain was getting worse she just needed someone to take out the fragment and she'd be fine.

They reached the farmhouse within the next two minutes and all three of them rushed through the door being greeted by a blonde woman who led Rosalie to the sofa. Clearly Rick had informed them that she was injured as well.